X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Airdave817
    Satellite Monitor Duty
    • May 31, 2007

Trinity #1

Awhile back I switched over to DCBS for my fix. But I still surf the interweb for word on new stuff. I couldn't believe all of the coverage on Trinity over at Comic Book Resources and Newsarama. There's even an annoted posting on Newsarama. For the first issue! Talk about hype! I had convinced myself not to pick this up, but to maybe wait for the trade - you know there'll be one. I like Kurt Busiek - I followed Astro City from day one, picked up and scratched my head at Avengers Forever and his run on Justice League. Loved his run with Perez on Avengers. I still re-read his JLA-Avengers. I've read Ultimate Spider-Man from the beginning and liked Mark Bagley. I guess they both worked on the Spider-Man/Batman crossover. So, I found myself in my LCS yesterday paying for Trinity #1.

It was an interesting read. I'm not sure if I can go the full 52 on this one.

Anybody else reading it?
    Shameless self-promotion -
    Earth-Dave
    KROC-FM
    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I picked it up at the comic shop last week and was proud of myself for putting it back on the stand...nothing against Busiek, Bagley, Supes, WW or Bats but I'm burned out on DC's weekly series after "52" (which I liked) and the other weakly (yeah that's spelled right!) series "Countdown" (which I hated).
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• davidb
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2007

Same here. If I knew it would be the same quality as 52, I'd grab it. But one of the things I liked about 52 (and Countdown as well) was the fact that they used characters who weren't as exposed as Supes or Bats. Those two are turning into the Wolverine of the DCU.

Comment

• Airdave817
        Satellite Monitor Duty
        • May 31, 2007

I'm probably going to just go for the first three issues. Then maybe look for the trades.

I read the first issue and it was like reading the epilogue to Kingdom Come. And the only action is The Flash and his kids capturing Clayface in Keystone. And Bruce saying to Clark and Diana, "That's why I picked Keystone, if anything happened The Flash would be able to take care of it."

1) So, if it were Coast City - or anyplace else for that matter you'd end up forcing yourself into action, because Green Lantern, Green Arrow & Black Canary, The Hawks, or anybody else are to *@&% slow?

2) So, you've left Metropolis, Gotham and - is it Boston now? - three cities unwatched to come to Keystone.

3) You're a lazy ***** elitist who won't get your hands dirty in action?

All this for $2.99!
        Earth-Dave
        KROC-FM

sigpic

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

This was another piece of direness from dc...didnt enjoy it and wont pick up issue 2...what's with all these comics now that have a shortened main story (i.e. the reason you pick up the comic) and some lousy back up story or even worse..a preview of a comic you wouldn't have picked up....waste of money me thinks
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Airdave817
            2) So, you've left Metropolis, Gotham and - is it Boston now? - three cities unwatched to come to Keystone.
            Where IS Wonder Woman now? I know she was in Boston before and also Gateway City...

Comment

• Airdave817
              Satellite Monitor Duty
              • May 31, 2007

Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman is now a DEO agent operating out of Washington, DC. She wears white in homage to her swingin' '70's Emma Peel Days. She is powerless outside of her "battle armor."

I picked up Trinity #2 today, very cool Carlos Pacheo cover of Batman. If you've read the JLA/JSA heardcover team-up with Despero and the Seven Deadly Virtues, or Avengers Forever - the cover is that cool. But it's just Batman on the roof of the Daily Planet under that big ***** Trinity logo.

The story is rather underwhelming. I'd have to say flat. It does have a back-up featuring John Stewart against Konvict. Yes it does. The main story flows directly into the backup - the main story ends on the left and on the right is the first page of the backup. I like John Stewart, but all the villains so far have been B or C listers. I guess with the Prison Planet mini-series featuring all of the A List villains they got their exposure.

I just don't get growing a solar system or universe above California. Or throwing giant robots at Wonder Woman over DC, and hving her 'xplain to Superman why she wants to wrap up smashing them herself. Clark is obviously the thickest brick in the knife rack.
              Earth-Dave
              KROC-FM

sigpic

Comment

• MEMEGO
                Career Member
                • Sep 6, 2007

I'VE READ TRINITY 1 AND 2. NICE ART BEGLEY CAN DO SOME NICE ART( EVEN THOUGHT WW LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THE FEMALE CHARACTERS FROM ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN. tHIS STORY HAS TO KAST FOR AN ENTIRE YR AND THUS SUFFERS FROM THE SAME PROBLEM ULTIMATE DID. (THE STORY IS DRAGGED OUT WAY TO MUCH) ULTIMATE TOWARDS THE END SUFFERED FROM THIS. THE STORY ARCS LASTED 4-5 ISSUES BUT ANY GIVEN ISSUE DRAGGED. i LOVE BATS SUPES AND WW SO IM GOING TO GIVE IT A CHANCE. SO FAR ITS NOT GOING TO WELL. WHAT DO U GUYS THINK? LET ME KNOW.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I think you should turn off your caps.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    I think you should turn off your caps.
                    Agreed! I think that is rude when people do that! I used to be in a band with a guy who sent me emails all in caps. Grrrrrrr

Anyway,
                    I got the first two issues...

So far it has been a real snoozer.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If it doesn't pick up in issue number three I am out!
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

It actually feels GOOD to have never purchased one issue of this...very liberating!

Comment

• Airdave817
                        Satellite Monitor Duty
                        • May 31, 2007

I talked to my friend Mark behind the counter at my LCS and he said that these weeklies are designed to bring people into the store. New readers and old. I've been following some of the reviews on Comic Book Resources and Newsarama, and it just reads like what goes around comes back around again. Hope it does the trick for the next wave of new readers...
                        Earth-Dave
                        KROC-FM

sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Airdave817
                          Wonder Woman is now a DEO agent operating out of Washington, DC. She wears white in homage to her swingin' '70's Emma Peel Days. She is powerless outside of her "battle armor."
                          I have been following the new Wonder Woman comic and the Who is Wonder Woman story line. I'm way behind though and only up to like issue 7 and and annual. It's not bad but I am ticked DC felt the need to depower her yet again. I guess she is at least only depowered in her Diana Prince form this time.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎