• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Thank you to Mego Meeters from a Mego Dad

Guys,

I just want to thank you for being so great to my family over the weekend. A lot of folks wouldn't be nearly as accomodating to a spewing 6-month old and an inquisitive 6-year old. Cindy never had any lack of help from folks willing to give her a hand getting Dani's stroller up and down the museum steps. Thanks for helping out while I was taking in the sessions!

Cindy and I are just overly impressed and touched by the generosity and understanding of our whole crew. You guys are the best.

We all had a blast. Oh, and if you ever have extra time to kill in Wheeling, and your family is with you, I suggest the Oglebay Park/Resort. We checked out the zoo/planitarium yesterday, and had a great time. A very nice zoo/wildlife preserve and such great scenery. I understand there is much more to do there, but we had to get on the road.

Again, thanks from the whole Franklin clan!

Chris
    sigpic
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Back atcha Chris! You and the Fam made it nice for us as well, thanks!

-Dave

Comment

• Flynne
      Permanent Member
      • Jan 22, 2003

Great to see you and the family again, Chris. Your wife is a peach, your son is awesome, and your little one is still cute as a button (even if a spewing one). Personally I love to see a family at the Meet so you can see the Mego love shared between generations of children. Glad you had a great time, and I look forward to seeing you all next year.
      An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

It was nice to see your family again, Chris, and it's good to know there are alternatives if I bring mine out some time.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Chris, your family is awesome, your son was a riot when I explained the raffle to him and seeing your daughter made me miss having a baby around. Then I remembered 3am feedings....
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Then I remembered 3am feedings....
            The 3 am one isn't so bad, and neither is the 1:00 feeding. It's the 4:30 feeding that stinks.

We lucked out BIG TIME Dani slept almost the whole way up and back. 5 hours one way. That will NEVER happen again.

It was nice to see your family again, Chris, and it's good to know there are alternatives if I bring mine out some time.
            I highly recommend Oglebay for family fun in Wheeling. It's about 6 miles away from Kruger St. so not bad at all. They have fishing, golf, paddleboats, a botanical gardens and more besides the zoo we took in. And if you need a good family friendly hotel with a nice pool, the SpringHill Suites by Marriott is a good way to go. We stayed there and it was great. A little pricey, but worth it. Totally non-smoking though.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm pretty fond of my bunch.
            Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

Chris, great seeing you and family.

THAT BABY IS MINE!!!!!!

If I could have brought her home with me my wife would let me go to Mego Meet every year LOL

Austin
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

If I could have brought her home with me my wife would let me go to Mego Meet every year LOL
                Even during those 4:30 feedings, there's no way I'd give up the Dani B. Sorry pal.

Great seeing you again though Austin, even if you were contemplating a baby-napping the whole time![

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

Having kids around reminds us all that we are collecting toys! Thanks for bringing them.

Comment

• megowgsh
                    Customego HoF Curator
                    • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hulk
                    Having kids around reminds us all that we are collecting toys! Thanks for bringing them.
                    AMEN! No truer words have ever been spoken.

Thanks for the reminder Paul. Sometimes we lose perspective.

Austin
                    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎