Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the best thing you picked up at megomeet 2008?

Images
    My EMCE Star Trek figs I needed.
    Tons of heads for future customs.
    A buncha CTVT bodies and scary-glow hands for future zombies that are coming soon.
    Boots.
    A Shogun Warrior that is in better condition than the one I had.
    A beautiful Sigma 6 Spirit (He's my favorite G.I. Joe character and I got him cheap! Thanks Type 3!)
    A totally brand new Reproed Iron Man (Tony Stark wouldn't get a vintage peice, he would want the upgraded version!)
    A very nice Thor I totally rebulit.
    A un-zombied Conan head for my beloved Conan
    A nice reproed Riddler costume (only but the best for my favorite Batman villian)
    Mighty Mightor (2 for 2 in the exclusive figure department!)
    A complete Incredible Hulk cartoon series set (Which I am watching right now!)
    Here are the things that brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks to Palitoy I now have an original 12" Hulk box for my very loved Hulk. (He looks "Incredible") Thanks again so much.

The grand finale is actually NOT anything 12" or 8". It's actually from the microverse.
    I got ALL of my childhood Micronauts are all back in full strength! My Acroyear is beautiful. Baron Karza is rather scary looking too! Microtron is looking very very choice. I mean I could go on and on. So I won't! Thanks again AcroRay!

Now what I took home with me along with the great buncha swag was fond memories of my precious customs of Bill and Lou in the case, Trappy's wonderfull customs standing proudly on a Star Trek bridge that still has me salavating, and a group of people who made me feel like I was welcome and wanted. Trappy and I both are still so happy we're still high off the rush!

I can't thank you all individually, that would take up too much space. So I will thank you all at once who attended and actually talked with Trappy and I.

Our love and respect goes out to all of you!

Trappy and I can't wait till next year!
    Last edited by The Sentry; Jun 9, '08 at 1:53 AM.

http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Images
    Time with friends and making new ones is always at the top of the MegoMeet list and this year was certainly no exception.

A sketch of myself from the uber-talented and extremely amusing Art Baltazar may be the best surprise pickup for me. Awww Yeah Man! Thank You Sir!

Customs again played the biggest focus for my purchases, with an emphasis on Superfriends, with Apache Chief and Samurai ala Ron Peritore joining a great Tothlike Batman from Brian Leitner.

I also luckily scored Heath's Zorro with the DaveMC outfit, A cool Namor from Paul Riggs, the great Mummy from Anthony Wedesky (a steal in anyone's book), and of course the exclusive ChrisDVM Mighty Mightor and MegoJim Sheriff of Notthingham.

I also was honored with a 3 sided Hulk Museum Card carrying case that Scott made for me and I will cherish for his generosity forever. He also retrofitted my recently acquired Bridge display with the Transporter Room add on. I can't wait to put it all together.

Lots of other good trades and purchases that were much appreciated. More than I can even remember or mention.

Now I just wish I could have left the hangover at the MegoSuite. Uggh.

Images
    Hey,
    I also got a bunch of stuff, but by far two things stick out for me:
    1) Thanks to a upgrading deal he made, Dave Mc sold me with an original Zorro hat! 5 years of looking is now officially over - I have an original complete Zorro finally!!!!!
    2) Scott's Dida Display with the Mego Cards background. When it comes in, Zorro has a new home.
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Images
    Minty mint Robin from Derek
    Flat 12" Batman box from Brian
    Mightor from Chris
    Sheriff of Nottingham from Jim
    Comic Action Captain America w/shield from Joe
    custom suits from BL
    custom heads from Austin
    MM cards
    MM keychain
    Last edited by ScottA; Jun 10, '08 at 8:45 AM.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images
    The best thing I picked up was the sense of camaraderie. Seeing old Mego friends for the first time, and seeing some for the 2nd time (since this was my 2nd meet) really made the weekend special and worthwhile. I especially enjoyed getting to meet the Cast-A-Way duo in the flesh. Two greater guys you won't find. I only wish I'd talked to more people. I'm a bit backward in large groups, and I'm now realizing through these posts that some of my favorite "Mego buddies" were there, I just didn't match up their real names to their online avatar names!

As for material items, Berto came through for me right out of the gate with a nice Magnetic Batman to replace my old beater. What a guy! I also got some other great stuff and won two great raffele lots including a really sweet Marvel Universe book by Stan Lee and Roy Thomas and a smorgashbord of assorted animation cells and drawings, including a Filmation Aqualad drawing! Leaping Lionfish!!!

The worst thing I got was something I brought on to myself; The Star Wars Holiday Special I picked up from an obvious source. You know who you are. I can't believe I willingly brought this piece of celluloid feces into my household. What was I thinking? Andrew did like the wookie family, but he was dumbfounded by the vaudvillian schtick and and variety show antics. No wonder Lucas wants to mindwipe this out of existence!

Chris

Chris
    Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jun 9, '08 at 3:21 PM.

Images
    std....?
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Images
    Picked up a Lizard Fist Fighter and T1 Riddler from Berto and built a RC Batman from a couple of different sources. Bought a complete Isis and picked up a loose card from Jemboy to go with it. The exclusive was a high on the want list, but ended up getting Chris' repro of the 12" Mightor head, helmet, and club as well. Now i've got em both. Spent a ton with Brian Leitner on custom stuff as well and ordered some more that he had sold out of. Got Ron P's Bizarro from the custom auction and won the Palitoy Hutch figure from the raffle, which I wanted also. All in all a pretty good weekend.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Images
    Thanks to Roberto I picked up a lot of parts that i needed, plus a few other goodies.

I also grabbed a lot of custom heads and suits as well.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Kolin, I recognize some of that stuff!
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeRouen View Post
    Kolin, I recognize some of that stuff!
    You are correct sir. I forgot that the GA & the WW were from Joe. I believe that the 2 type 2 bodies came from Mike.