Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was the best thing you picked up at megomeet 2008?

Images

What was the best thing you picked up at megomeet 2008?

i wasnt able to attend but am curious to know from the fortunate ones that were there as to what was the coolest thing you picked up at the meet. please share!!!

EASY!!! a bunch of new friends! . . . . . more to follow
    -jim
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

I bought way, way too much stuff. My favorite though is Dida "Stately Wayne Caverns" playset. Man, it's AWESOME.
    Runners up would be:
    Tomland Yeti
    Excel Wild Bill (been looking for a cheap one for a while)
    Plastimarx jane/johnny apollo w/ silver accessories (my plasti's have blue, originals have gold... been looking for these for a minute also. I love Marx color variations!)

Images
    I completed my Ironman (ala boots gloves belt button)
    Got a Human torch out of parts bought. Thanks Traveling Hulk. The grab bag was a great idea and I'm sure all got something special.
    AJ stuff to spare.
    STuff to put together a kitbash Fantastic 4.
    I got to meet Dr. Mego. A great man even if he doesnt believe it himself.
    met other great fans of Mego....
    Palitoy. who sold me a catwoman months ago and added alot of goodies to the purchase.
    again thanks Palitoy.(Im probably getting his SN wrong)
    Dave MC looks just like the guy from CSI. I wanted to get pic and tell people He was.
    Alot of stuff was bought to keep me customizing/kitbashing for a good while.
    Cannot wait til next year!!!!

Blog Entries
    Got lots of goodies
    Great DVDs from Joe
    Lincoln and AHI Monsters at a great price from Roberto plus he gave me some adventure people stuff for my kids that they ate up
    Monster figures from Merlyn
    and this too cool item from Art:

Images
    you guys are making me cry!!

Images
    Blog Entries
    My favorite thing from MM wasn't a purchase and it was totally unexpected; it was a Dida carrying case, courtesy of Scott! I will take a photo later, but it's three-sided and features his wonderful Mr. Myxie card!

My favorite purchase is a tie between Ed Nagy's wonderful Kraven figure, Derek Comb's Silver Surfer (which I won at the custom auction,) and the sketches of my family and I from Art Balthazar! (The sketches were fall less expensive, but just as impressive!)

I picked up some other great customs as well - Mighty Mightor (of course!,) and a Marvel Girl and Silver Surfer (yes, I have two now!) from Brian Leitner.

I regret not getting Jim's Sheriff of Nottingham! By the time I got around to it, they were sold out, and I failed to win the one in the auction!
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Images
    I did much better than expected. Berto took home most of my cash, but I can't complain one bit, he made me great deals on a couple items that had eluded me for a long time.

The main things I scored were burgandy cuffed and black cuffed Ape generals. Two long time wants. Also picked up a boxed Buffalo Bill and fresh Burke from Berto, my old Burke suffered some sun damage.

Picked up the exclusive figure. Props to Chris for once again bulldogging this through. This is all him, and while he get's help here and there, it's his baby and he always manages to come through with something that sells out.

Bought one of Jim Hampton's Sheriff figures, a cool Mystique custom from Ed Nagy, bought a few parts.

Also brought home a big bag of BK Star Wars toys, donated to my son by Tom Ligotti. Thanks Tom, my son was thrilled.

All in all, a great year for buying for me. My goal is to come away with just enough cash to pay the turnpike fees home, and that's what I did.

Images
    I wish I could have gotten one of the Sheriff of Noddingham figures, but I did buy the Vampire Hunter D 12" figure I wanted from the raffle from his actual winner. Brian Heiler gave me a recast Popy Ultraman (original) head for my long planned Ultraman custom. Those were the coolest.

My wife won the autographed WGSH book by Ben, which she gave to me! I even found my name in the acknowledgements, which is quite an honor indeed.
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Images
    * New Friends
    * A caricature sketch from Art, which is already framed and on the wall at home, and a copy of Tiny Titans #1
    * A Mightor Exclusive
    * Info from the EMCE Panel - a big "thank you!" to Paul Clarke for making these new Mego figures a reality. I cannot put into words the joy that surged through the barely contained eight year old in me when I held a production sample of the Khan figure in my hands. Great things truly are coming.
    * A DQ Hot Fudge Sundae which I had the oddest craving for late Saturday evening
    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"