X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Mandolorian Movie rumors

It seems we'll be getting Han Solo but not a de-aged Harrison Ford. Word has it they'll be using Alden Ehrenreich. Current rumor also has it Filoni will be re-casting Princess Leia.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I'm down with that. Solo was far better than it's repuation. If the Prequels can be "redeemed", so can it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      It seems we'll be getting Han Solo but not a de-aged Harrison Ford. Word has it they'll be using Alden Ehrenreich. Current rumor also has it Filoni will be re-casting Princess Leia.
      Where are you hearing this? From what I’ve heard, Disney has put the brakes on any new Star Wars content not already filmed. The rumor is they’re extremely low on liquidity at the moment, and looking to sell off some of their assets (just like when they bought Power Rangers from Saban for billions, and later resold it to Saban for pennies on the dollar after they ran it in the ground), which might include Lucasfilm, which they’ve absolutely destroyed.

You won’t believe who the rumored buyer of Lucasfilm is either, but if you’re familiar with Disney’s history with Saban, then it absolutely fits.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
        Where are you hearing this? From what I’ve heard, Disney has put the brakes on any new Star Wars content not already filmed. The rumor is they’re extremely low on liquidity at the moment, and looking to sell off some of their assets (just like when they bought Power Rangers from Saban for billions, and later resold it to Saban for pennies on the dollar after they ran it in the ground), which might include Lucasfilm, which they’ve absolutely destroyed.

You won’t believe who the rumored buyer of Lucasfilm is either, but if you’re familiar with Disney’s history with Saban, then it absolutely fits.
        Disney selling Star wars rumors are starting to trend across prominent social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, and there’s even talk of George Lucas buying it back. Is it all hogwash, or is there some validity to these rumors? Here’s what we know about the claims of Disney selling Star Wars. Is Disney […] The post Disney Selling Star Wars Rumors: Is George Lucas Buying It Back? appeared first on ComingSoon.net - Movie Trailers, TV & Streaming News, and More.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Disney may be selling things, but they would not sell a cash cow like Lucas Films. the merchandising alone brings in billions

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Not to knock the hard hitting investigative journalism of an esteemed peddler of news like Yahoo, but I’d want something a littler firmer than “it’s not gonna happen because Disney hasn’t confirmed it.” But that’s just me.

It may all be bogus, but Disney laying off wave after wave of employees while removing relatively new content (like the wretched Willow series) from their failing streaming service to save on royalties does little to quell the rumors they they’re on the ropes financially.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              Disney may be selling things, but they would not sell a cash cow like Lucas Films. the merchandising alone brings in billions
              Brought in billions. You guys ever been to an Ollie’s, Dollar Tree, or Five Below recently? Aisles stacked to the ceiling with Marvel and Star Wars product. Revenue for Hasbro has been down double digits for several years now.

The Star Wars toy brand, for example, is currently valued at about 260 million at the moment, according to Brand Directory. That doesn’t take into account Hasbro’s or Disney’s cut, or operating or production costs.

I don’t doubt Disney is earning money off of the Star Wars brand name, but I doubt it brings billions, at least on an annual basis. In totality is a different story.

It’s all a moot point, though. Disney’s problem at the moment isn’t worth, but liquidity. They’ve got a massive deal with Comcast / Hulu coming up that they likely can’t avoid, and that’s what is supposedly got them in a hole.

Like I said, it might all be poop. But then again it might not. Disney has an embarrassing history of snapping up brands and destroying them (Pixar), and then selling them for pennies on the dollar (Saban), so it’s hard for me to dismiss it outright.

And it’s going to take more than a few trades saying “it’s not true because it hasn’t happened yet” to quell that doubt.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Not to knock the hard hitting investigative journalism of an esteemed peddler of news like Yahoo, but I’d want something a littler firmer than “it’s not gonna happen because Disney hasn’t confirmed it.” But that’s just me.
                What's your (more esteemed) source?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by sprytel
                  What's your (more esteemed) source?
                  Several, but none with the same hard hitting investigative team at yahoo.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Several, but none with the same hard hitting investigative team at yahoo.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      ^I'm down with that. Solo was far better than it's repuation. If the Prequels can be "redeemed", so can it.
                      I also really enjoyed the Solo movie.

Glad to hear they are recasting the roles and not just putting CGI masks on body doubles. Mark Hamill's double in Mando looked enough like young Luke they really didn't even need to.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Disney is leaking money heavily like all of the content companies are now because they have been putting so much content on their streaming services which isn't bringing in the money like sending these to the movie theaters would. Costs are as high or higher on streaming and the incremental revenue just isn't there. They and other streamers are at a saturation point that isn't bringing in the new subscribers and that's why they are pulling shows off of their services.

I saw the unsubstantiated rumors about Lucasfilm being sold off and doubt there's any real chance that will happen. Have they talked about it, I'm sure everything is on the table to help keep the shareholders in check, but there's a lot more money to be brought in under the Star Wars banner.

I will say I didn't love the new trilogy(especially The Last Jedi) but I really liked several of the other movies, Rogue One, Han Solo.. Their streaming content has been mostly excellent. Mandalorian, Andor, Bad Batch and I'm very much looking forward to Ahsoka.

I would have paid more than my Disney+ subscription just watch those streaming series, and I think most of the companies are trying to figure out how to wring out more dollars from people like me.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I also really enjoyed the Solo movie.

Glad to hear they are recasting the roles and not just putting CGI masks on body doubles. Mark Hamill's double in Mando looked enough like young Luke they really didn't even need to.
                          That might be an option since Hamill says he's done playing Luke.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            That might be an option since Hamill says he's done playing Luke.
                            i suspect he will be back as a force ghost in the new trilogy. but yeah, he gave his blessing for them to recast for a younger version

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎