• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by Liu Bei
    Heel, not heal.

Speaking of, my favorite heel of all time was probably Ravishing Rick Rude. What a character, and a real BA in “real life” as well.
    Dude!! Same!!

Rick was just an incredible heel.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

The Iron Sheik and his signature move the camel clutch, I remember watching him win the heavy weight title from Bob Backlund and then losing it to Hulk Hogan at Wrestle Mania 1 back in 1985, what a sad day to say the least, the rest is history.

I had just about every LJN Wrestling figure and when the British Bulldogs 2 pack with tag team belts included came out, I tore the belts out of the package and immediately gave the belts to Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff, I never gave the belts to anyone else, even the Hart Foundation and I really liked them to.

I also had all the Managers as well, who wouldn’t want the LJN Slick doll and of course Captain Lou Albano.
      Last edited by TrekStar; Jun 11, '23, 8:17 PM.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I bought a collection of LJN wrestlers a couple years go, and it included Shiek and Volkoff.

At the bottom of the box was a set of Tag Team belts (sadly, they didn't sculpt the ACTUAL tag belts of the time, they just recast the heavyweight belt in a different color). The only figures that were sold in the tag team two packs together in the lot were Shiek and Volkoff. So they proudly rock the belts to this day.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Dannyc
          • Feb 6, 2023

Originally posted by TrekStar
          The Iron Sheik and his signature move the camel clutch, I remember watching him win the heavy weight title from Bob Backlund and then losing it to Hulk Hogan at Wrestle Mania 1 back in 1985, what a sad day to say the least, the rest is history.

I had just about every LJN Wrestling figure and when the British Bulldogs 2 pack with tag team belts included came out, I tore the belts out of the package and immediately gave the belts to Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff, I never gave the belts to anyone else, even the Hart Foundation and I really liked them to.

I also had all the Managers as well, who wouldn’t want the LJN Slick doll and of course Captain Lou Albano.
          Shiek lost the belt to Hogan in January '84, Wrestlemania 1 was March '85 where Shiek & Volkoff won the tag team titles.

Comment

• Mike Osborn
            • Jun 16, 2023

He will definitely be missed. R.I.P. to him.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by TrekStar

Sadly,Sheik was just a placeholder until they could put the belt on Hogan.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎