Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any updates on Mego 50 th ann. DC Supergirl and Wonderwoman ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Any updates on Mego 50 th ann. DC Supergirl and Wonderwoman ?

Is there any word on the Mego DC females 50 th anniv box figures release date ? I am hoping they switch Catwoman out for the classic purple one or Black Canary. Harley Quinn should also be made in the 50 th anniv.
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

I would hope, before they do Harley Quinn in the 50th line, we would get Black Canary, Mary Marvel, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Poison Ivy, Star Sapphire, and any other Silver/Bronze Age gals. I get the popularity of Harley, but she wasn’t even created until the 90s, long after the classic Mego WGSH line had ended.

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

I see Poison Ivy, Cheetah, Mera, Black Canary, and (outside chance) Hawkgirl as the most likely female adds to the 50th Anniversary figures. I think I'd be disappointed if Harley showed up for the reason warlock mentions above. Doesn't mean Mego shouldn't do Harley, just wouldn't make her part of this.
      Last edited by rodkeith; Jun 5, '23, 3:22 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rodkeith
        I see Poison Ivy, Cheetah, Mera, Black Canary...
        IMO these are the best choices for a second wave of Super-Gals.

But I think Harley would be a great addition to the "modern" DC line from Mego.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 3, '23, 11:30 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

Poison Ivy,Cheetah,Mera, and Black Canary works for me as wave 2. Hawkgirl, Mary Marvel, Zatanna , Harley maybe later.

Comment

• hizzy
            Museum Super Collector
            • Apr 1, 2023

I would love a Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Catwoman and Poison Ivy. Let Harley and newer characters come out after the older ones.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I've always wanted more WW villains including Dr. Cyber. A very long shot, but her costume would look fantastic as a screen-printed bodysuit.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

Dr. Cyber is a fantastic idea!

Comment

• hizzy
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 1, 2023

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I've always wanted more WW villains including Dr. Cyber. A very long shot, but her costume would look fantastic as a screen-printed bodysuit.
                  Which era of Dr Cyber? I like silver and bronze age.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Mego era--Bronze.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Are they going to have rooted hair like the originals? Molded hair would be really off-putting and disappointing.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

They should be exact replicas of the originals for the 50th anniversary releases.

Comment

• puckace
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Feb 5, 2009

I would also really like to see rooted hair for the super gals. But I wouldn't be opposed to a better sculpt for the heads. I never really cared much for the simplistic cupie doll faces figures like Wonder Woman had. A Wonder Woman who looks more like the Superfriends cartoon would be awesome!

Comment

• wise guy
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 29, 2014

DC has so many female super heroes, and villans, that they could do with rooted hair . They could do Mary Marvel, Zatanna, E-2 Powergirl, Star girl, Star Saphire ( in later waves) if the 50 th boxed females sell out
                            Last edited by wise guy; Jun 26, '23, 3:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎