X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Let’s Pretend: The Hogan’s Heroes Line from FTC

Imagine a Hogan’s Heroes line with the attention that FTC usually gives. Hogan, LeBeau, Newkirk, Carter, Kinchloe and Baker then Klink, Schultz, Burkhalter, and Hochstetter and Helga and Tiger for female figures. Maybe that Russian spy girl. Another version of the Batcave with half as the POW barracks and the cave exit half the underground tunnel. Maybe a military truck. It would be an awesome line right?
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Throw in Frau Linkmeyer and Colonel Crittendon (Bernard Fox, for the Dr. Bombay customs) and I'm in!

Seriously though, yeah, I'd be all over this. The Sideshow Hogan, Klink and Schultz were out of my price range at the time. Would love to have them in Mego scale.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Crittendon yes I forgot about him. He had two episodes that I remember and played an evil twin type in one of them.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Imagine this going into a segue of a full WWII 8” line of figures.

Comment

• KnightDetective
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          Imagine this going into a segue of a full WWII 8” line of figures.
          Sadly, probably wouldn't fly in today's world. Still, I look at all those great Lion Rock figures and think "if only modern-day companies could offer that depth and variety in a line without needing to make each one a hard to get expensive "collectible"!

Cheers to current day Mego though. They've managed to offer an abundance of variety at a decent price, in spite of all the hurdles. Would love to see them try an assortment of lower cost generic cowboys, military, monsters, etc. through some place like Dollar General. Gateway items for the kids. Low friction intro to the brand to make new collectors out of 'em!

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            Crittendon yes I forgot about him. He had two episodes that I remember and played an evil twin type in one of them.
            He also played Doctor Bombay on Bewitched, which he could be added to the Bewitched mego line,
            but it looks like that line is finished, to bad we never got a Darren, a Darren-Dr. Bombay 2 pack would have been neat.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
              He also played Doctor Bombay on Bewitched...
              He reprised Bombay on some episodes of the soap opera Passions as well. That show had several crossovers but never managed to link with its inspiration, Dark Shadows. I'd be down for more Bewitched or a DS set as well.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎