X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Christopher Lee - Appreciation Post

Born 27th May 1922. The legendary Sir Christopher Lee would have been 101 years old.

Lee had the same birthday as Vincent Price.

And Peter Cushing's was May 26th.

PUNY HUMANS!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Happy birthday to a talented, versatile icon. I was just listening to him yesterday--singing!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched, House of the Long Shadows for the first time

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

One of my favorite actors, period. In my opinion, the greatest Dracula. He embodied the totally evil character from the book, despite the material often trying to deny him of playing it this way.

But he was equally good in heroic roles. When Hammer switched things up in The Gorgon and especially The Devil Rides Out, Lee really shined.
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          But he was equally good in heroic roles.... and especially The Devil Rides Out, Lee really shined.
          Totally agree, effects notwithstanding. Charles Gray was excellent there, too.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes, the effects let the finale down, but Lee and Gray are so strong, I just overlook that.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎