X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Big Head Ttek....

Darn ! This isn't good...I purchased 2 Capt. Pike Mego figures, and noticed that they have the Big head Syndrome..and, still have Knee bending issues...where's the Quality Control here.

20230516_111402.jpg
    20230516_111451.jpg
    Last edited by Ivaniski; May 16, '23, 7:12 PM.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

The head does looks to big which is an eye sore since the 50th anniversary figures heads are correctly sized.

As far as the knee, we can’t be very surprised since the new release GA has the same issue, so why would SNW Pike be any different? guessing SNW Spock is the same.

Now I’m wondering if the yet to be released Star Trek Andorian and Talosian will have the knee bend issue? I guess if we have to we can live with it, it’s just frustrating.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

The head looks to be the same as the Discovery Pike... which I guess is not a surprise... but since they were doing it "non-rotocast" (is there a term we are using for the new style heads yet?) I had hoped they would have corrected the size issue in the process. This is particularly troubling, given that the new heads presumably won't shrink in naphtha.

On the plus side, the soft goods look nice.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
        ..."non-rotocast" (is there a term we are using for the new style heads yet?)
        Injection-molded?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KnightDetective
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 31, 2012

Are there noticeable mold lines on the final head? They seemed quite pronounced on the protos.

It's a nice sculpt, usable for lots of customs. The size on the rotocast Disco Pike didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Kind of obvious though when you display it with other figures.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by KnightDetective
            Are there noticeable mold lines on the final head? They seemed quite pronounced on the protos.

It's a nice sculpt, usable for lots of customs. The size on the rotocast Disco Pike didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Kind of obvious though when you display it with other figures.
            Yeah, this one hurt just like the original Pike. It is a gorgeous head for custom fodder, but it's pretty much useless for that at this size. And it's more than just a couple sales they're losing from me here; I think I'm up to a dozen new head sculpt Kirks by now. I definitely would have gotten quite a few of these if the noggin were smaller. Spock looks like the head is right, though (but pointy ears do limit its custom uses).

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Others mileage may vary, but for me an oversized head is a dealbreaker. I love the sculpt on Pike but his head size puts the figure into bobble head territory.

Hopefully Mego will have opportunity to revisit the character at some point as I would love to add the character to my Star Trek shelf.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                Others mileage may vary, but for me an oversized head is a dealbreaker. I love the sculpt on Pike but his head size puts the figure into bobble head territory.

Hopefully Mego will have opportunity to revisit the character at some point as I would love to add the character to my Star Trek shelf.
                This Capt. Pike head deserves a do-ever. Mego is too Great of a Action Figure Company to not make the correction.

Comment

• puckace
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Feb 5, 2009

Originally posted by Krypt0nite

Unfortunately, I feel the same way. I really wanted the first Pike figure, but the huge noggin is a no go.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

I pointed this out ages ago when they first started showing a new Pike.

Why they didn't fix his head size is beyond me.

There was plenty of time.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎