Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

The Talosian would be a good candidate for the smaller Topps body.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

WoW! These are fantastic!

Comment

• PB
        • Jul 2, 2021

I’ll have to pick them up. Here’s hoping for a Taurean ape next time.

Comment

• TheXFactor
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 31, 2013

It's certainly nice to have screen/series accurate versions of the characters, although- as I've mentioned previously- the difference with the Star Trek Aliens never really bothered me all that much. Just like with The Gorn, I'll take a MOC Andorian or Talos(ian) from 1975 over the new version any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).

Comment

• Count_Popula
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 28, 2018

Originally posted by TheXFactor
            It's certainly nice to have screen/series accurate versions of the characters, although- as I've mentioned previously- the difference with the Star Trek Aliens never really bothered me all that much. Just like with The Gorn, I'll take a MOC Andorian or Talos(ian) from 1975 over the new version any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).
            I have the original Mugato and love its cheesiness. As a buddy of mine said, "He looks like he just stepped off the set of The Brady Bunch Variety Hour." I had an opportunity to ask Marty himself about those wildly inaccurate designs, and he laughed it off, basically telling me the Mego crew in those days couldn't be too bothered w continuity, lol. That said, a screen accurate version in a furry suit like the FTC Gorilla Grodd would be super cool!

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Count_Popula
              I have the original Mugato and love its cheesiness. As a buddy of mine said, "He looks like he just stepped off the set of The Brady Bunch Variety Hour." I had an opportunity to ask Marty himself about those wildly inaccurate designs, and he laughed it off, basically telling me the Mego crew in those days couldn't be too bothered w continuity, lol. That said, a screen accurate version in a furry suit like the FTC Gorilla Grodd would be super cool!
              The Mugato may be the most 70's figure Mego ever made (may be the most 70's figure ANYBODY ever made). Still love him regardless of accuracy.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎