X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

The Boogeyman (2023)

Still reeling from the tragic death of their mother, a teenage girl and her little sister find themselves plagued by a sadistic presence in their house and struggle to get their grieving father to pay attention before it’s too late.
    Stephen king the boogeyman poster.jpg

The Boogeyman is an upcoming American supernatural horror film directed by Rob Savage from a screenplay by Scott Beck, Bryan Woods and Mark Heyman, based on the 1973 short story of the same name by Stephen King. The film stars Sophie Thatcher, Chris Messina, Vivien Lyra Blair, and David Dastmalchian.

I have watched all the movies based on Stephen King so at some point I will watch this but probably when I view it at home.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Second trailer

Wiki synopsis:
    High school student Sadie Harper and her little sister Sawyer are still reeling from the recent death of their mother. Devastated by his own pain, their father Will, a therapist by profession, gives them neither the support nor the affection that they try to claim from him. When a desperate patient shows up unexpectedly at their house asking for help, they bring in a terrifying entity that preys on the families and feeds on their greatest suffering.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

looks like it might be good. but it's a home viewing for sure

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Man, that looks fantastic. Hey Monitor, did you see Apt Pupil? I loved that flick and listened to the audio novella many years later. The novella has a very dark ending. Definitely worth reading/listening and watching, both.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Oh man I forgot about Apt Pupil but yes I watched either at the theater or rented it.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

We've seen the first trailer a few times in the theater, the Psycho-esque strings sound amazing, hoping they're actually featured in the movie. Besides that, Chris Messina and David Dastmalchian? We're definitely going to see this on the big screen!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Had my hopes up until I read it was Steven King

Another giant spider ?

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                Creature Of The Night
                • May 14, 2011

We went to see this today along with Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse and we liked both movies.

Definitely one of the better King movies I've seen, it was done pretty well.

(And nope, not a another giant spider )

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i read that the little girl, who also played young Leia in ObiWan Kenobi, was originally to have a toy light saber as her light. the director not realizing she had played Leia. so they changed the prop to those orb things

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    i read that the little girl, who also played young Leia in ObiWan Kenobi, was originally to have a toy light saber as her light. the director not realizing she had played Leia. so they changed the prop to those orb things
                    Oh that's interesting, and kind of remarkable, that the director was that clueless of the main actress's previous work?

Just my observation, but it seems like the scenes specifically required something that she could roll across the floor and down hallways effectively, not sure how a light saber could have been used to that end?

From what I could tell, the prop that they used looked like a plastic model of the moon, and she only had one. She had lot's of other different types of night lights in her room, and I'm pretty sure she had a regular (Earth) globe on a table or shelf near the closet door. Sort of a loose, child's universe and fantasy room theme. A light saber would not have been out of place, but I just don't see how it could have been used for the purpose that the moon was used for.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎