• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Wizard of Oz (Judy Garland)

20230514_205012.jpg

On Mother's Day my local theater showed WOZ in the theater so I took my parents to go see. Now growing up we would watch this every year on Thanksgiving and when it was released on home video we bought it. I do have my own home theater with a huge screen with surround sound in one of my extra bedrooms that sits 6.

Today it downed on us that we have never seen this at the theater and that just seemed strange. Seeing the DVD quality of the film on that big screen with my family was a magical experience. The theater was packed so I am glad I got our 4 tickets early.

Now the big question, have any of you watched WOZ at the theater?
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I saw it from Fathom Events a few years ago. After getting over being scared on first viewing (I think pre-school/kindergarten), I've probably seen it every year since.

I have the 50th anniversary VHS & book, the DVD and 75th anniversary book, and WOz Megos were an important part of my childhood and adult collecting.

It's wonderful to see it in the theater.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

They had a run in theaters in 1999 for the film's sixtieth anniversary, and I got to see it on the big screen then. That was shortly after the Time-Warner deal with Turner (who had the MGM library), so we had the WB shield before the roaring lion. I also was part of a series of classic films with seminars, and in 2014 the theme was "The Films of 1939," so there was a theater viewing then.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎