X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week- Plaidstallions

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week- Plaidstallions McDonald’s Captain Crook Promotional Hats (eBay Link) – I’ve never in my life had a “Fillet O’Fish” sandwich, and that ain’t changing (allergic), but if they were handing these out in the 1970s? I’d have pushed people down to get one. I liked freebies a whole bunch. […]
    The post 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week- Plaidstallions appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

First off, that monster key ring display is FRIGHTENING. I would have probably wet my pants if I'd seen that on the counter of our local Ben Franklin store.

The Captain Crook hats are very similar (in shape at least) to the Jolly Roger hats you could get at Long John Silver's for decades. I would prefer a black hat with a skull and crossbones, thank you. Oh, and Fillet-o-fish has it's charms, but their too dang small!

Knowing what I know of you, that POTA water gun makes perfect sense. 1) It's vintage POTA 2) It's by AHI 3) The artwork is kind of off-brand a bit. Sounds like a perfect Brian Heiler fodder to me!

I would hang that Cap blacklight poster up in my living room! Cap doesn't look quite right to me if he's NOT drawn by Jack Kirby!
    sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I do remember seeing the POTA water pistol back in the day, either at a Kresge’s or a pharmacy toy aisle.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
        Career Member
        • May 14, 2007

The Professor created the McNugget Buddies in 1983 according to https://mcdonalds.fandom.com/wiki/Professor. I don't remember him much but I do remember those talking McNuggets because they were so annoying at the time.
        Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎