X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

question on Amazon Prime streaming

granted my ISP really sucks(Spectrum), but does anyone else have issues with Prime streaming where the sound track is always lagging on the picture? this only happens on Prime. not on any of the other streaming services. it's so damn annoying.
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

What client are you using? AppleTV, Roku, FireTV etc?

I'll just state that I work for in the technology world, and actually work with streaming companies like Prime, Netflix, Disney etc. They control the content, so your ISP wouldn't be taking the blame in this situation.

With that, it's usually the client causing the issues. Each streaming service has their own client, and HBO Max used to be a giant problem with their software, but it's been better. Amazon does mess up from time to time, and you can check to see if your streaming device, has an update for that particular device.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• mirrorman
      On Patrol
      • Jul 18, 2011

I've had Amazon prime for some time and haven't experienced any lag problems.

I'm located in Australia by the way

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i use the Amazon firestick to access. maybe it's time to replace it?

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          i use the Amazon firestick to access. maybe it's time to replace it?
          Well you'd think the Firestick would handle Amazon's own content the best, but I know they also have fireTV's and others that they don't seem to update software wise, so it could be related to that.

I have AppleTV's mostly that I use, and they work well, but as I mentioned I have issues sometimes. I was watching an Amazon series recently, and the voice did go out of sync, and I stopped everything and went back in after a reset and then all I had was a dubbed language available for that episode. It wouldn't let me listen in English, and and one before and after were fine. So I gave up watching the rest of it that day, haha.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

I have had similar issues with streaming apps (not sure if Prime was one of them) that were remedied by deleting/re-installing the app. This has been on various Roku devices and not Firestick, but as a general "give it a try", it might provide a fix to a persistent problem with a relatively minimal investment of a little bit of time and the somewhat pain in the posterior effort of entering login/password again.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I've had a similar problem with CrunchyRoll. It usually happens with the ads. For some reason,they throw off the sound. When I rewind to the end of the last ad then hit play,it usually fixes it.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

I haven't had that with Prime, but these softwares are all pretty finicky.

They all used to run pretty good a few years ago, but these days they're constantly tweaking them to make the menus more cumbersome to navigate with moving videos and all sorts of nonsense, find new ways to insert ads (even if you pay for no ads) and such that it's inevitable that certain systems will get bogged down with errors. The more crap they tack on, the more likely that certain configurations aren't going to work as well.

Prime usually runs pretty good for me (though the other day I did have to update because it just randomly would close out) but I have a thing with Paramount+ where the sounds drops out for about 1 frame every 10-15 minutes. Never enough to lose any words or anything, but noticeable to me.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎