X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

Any 14" Nu-Mego fans?

I was in one of the Mego Facebook groups and saw someone post about the 14" inch line, specifically Green Lantern. Did old Mego ever make figures that tall? I really like the sculpt of these figures.

Did many Mego fans buy these? Do you like or love them? Would you have rather seen a 12" line? I'm curious to know!
  • puckace
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 5, 2009

I only picked up the Flash. I have a separate collection of multiple Flash figures. While I thought these were nicely done, I'm a solid 8" Mego collector.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I have all of the original ones that were sold at Target, plus Shazam, Superman and Batman on the new body. They are nice figures and the new body was an improvement all around. I'd like to see more 14" super-heroes, but with no word on any future 14" figures and with Mego now making 8" DC Comics figures, I don't know if we will see more 14" figures from any genre. I have no inside knowledge though, so I can still have hope. I will take the 8" over the 14" or a 12" though.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

No. With all the great offerings Mego was offering in their traditional 8-inch scale, I chose to focus on that. Same with Hasbro and their traditional 3.75in line being my choice over their 6-inch black series scale.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Same here with Mego. I was never a fan of larger scale figures and have focused on collecting just their 8 inch offerings.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I never got any of the large scale mego’s either, I could never find the 12 inch Hulk since he was bigger than the rest of the heroes so it made sense, well at least to a 10 year old.

Comment

• KnightDetective
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 31, 2012

I have most of them. The newer ones are even nicer but the higher cost is slowing my rate of acquisition!

I like them. I would rather they were sixth-scale but must admit, they are mighty satisfying on display!

(Would love a Buck Rogers redo. He eluded me back in the day. Not holding my breath or anything... unless you think it would help!)

Comment

• shaunaconda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by TRDouble
                I have all of the original ones that were sold at Target, plus Shazam, Superman and Batman on the new body. They are nice figures and the new body was an improvement all around. I'd like to see more 14" super-heroes, but with no word on any future 14" figures and with Mego now making 8" DC Comics figures, I don't know if we will see more 14" figures from any genre. I have no inside knowledge though, so I can still have hope. I will take the 8" over the 14" or a 12" though.

That’s exactly what I have. They are cool and display nice. But I do prefer the 8” figures like most here.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by hizzy
                  I was in one of the Mego Facebook groups and saw someone post about the 14" inch line, specifically Green Lantern. Did old Mego ever make figures that tall?
                  To directly answer your question- No. Mego never made 14" figures in their original run. As noted by other posters here, they did make 12-inch figures, including several heroes.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

I bought a few 14 inchers, but if they were the tradtional 12 inch mego bodies, I'd have gotten them all.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• hizzy
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 1, 2023

!4" is starting to look like a weird choice for a figure. 12" would have been better, especially since they were made that way in the 70's.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by hizzy
                        !4" is starting to look like a weird choice for a figure. 12" would have been better, especially since they were made that way in the 70's.
                        I seem to remember reading that was a mandate from Warner Bros licensing. Perhaps to avoid duplicating the 12-inch products they already approved for other companies. Modern licensing sounds complicated!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 29, 2018

14” seems like a great visual choice for a collector but a terrible choice to play with for a kid. I remember the AT feeling huge as we played with them and the few vehicles we had were almost lethally big especially the spinning blades on the helicopter.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

I bought 2 Luthors a few weeks back on Walmart because they were on sale cheaper than 8 Inch figures. I got them to turn into Colossus Man for a future Svengoolie theater.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I think the last wave of them was pretty great but I really don't need another thing. They are great value though and I did buy the Dracula.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎