X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Has anyone modded TMP Spock?

Will the head and uniform of the Topps exclusive figure transfer to a newer, larger Mego body?
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I want to know this too! He was sitting on my desk the last two weeks wondering the same thing.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

I just took the plunge.

I got a Mego Victor Crowley Hatchet figure and switched out the body for the TMP Spock. I'm very pleased with the results: the uniform actually fits better, the body feels sturdier and can hold a standing pose now, and Spock is at an appropriate height. This has gone from a slightly disappointing figure to one of my favorites.
      Last edited by Krypt0nite; May 6, '23, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the update! The head is not too small? I was thinking about tracking down another Wrath of Khan Spock and putting the TMP uniform on him because of the head size.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

Looking at the figure by himself, the head is proportional to the body. If you display him with vintage Megos he fits right in. If you display him with Admiral Kirk, Kirk's head is bigger but Spock is taller---just like real life. I considered switching Spock over to the TWOK Spock, and I think that would work well too, but I like the extra height that comes with the revised new body.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎