X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Star Trek - the Gene Roddenberry Archive

I've been waiting for this since they first announced it, and we're finally starting to see some results, and it is fantastic.

The Roddenberry Estate and OTOY unveil beautiful and fully realized recreations of Gene Roddenberry’s iconic Starship Enterprise bridge across time and space - with testimony from Star Trek luminaries including William Shatner.

Go here if you want to take a virtual tour of the bridge of the Enterprise. (I found that it works better on a table or phone than it does desktop): https://roddenberry.x.io/

Star Trek: Regeneration is the best 2 minutes of Star Trek since All Good Things aired in 1994.

The emotion of Spock's face at the end... just amazing stuff.
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Memory Wall

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

The Roddenberry Archive - A to Z

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I am looking forward to AI movies featuring the original cast based on the best of the Trek novels over the years. Maybe I’m just weird but I think in ten to twenty years you will be able to upload a novel and buy the actors and just have AI present a movie to you.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          I am looking forward to AI movies featuring the original cast based on the best of the Trek novels over the years. Maybe I’m just weird but I think in ten to twenty years you will be able to upload a novel and buy the actors and just have AI present a movie to you.
          I don’t think you’re weird. I don’t think we’re far from that at all.

One of the people from the archive mentioned going back and converting the Animated Series to live action using OTOY’s technology. It’s wild to think about, but they already created a live action Arex for the Archive, so…

They also mentioned having recorded Majel Barrett’s voice (reading various phonemes) some years back for the express purpose of being able to use her voice as the computer voice for years and years into the future.

My only hope for official Star Trek content is that if they do go back and make original series episodes or films, that they do it in the spirit of Gene Roddenberry, and not the spirit of whatever current year politics the show runner is engulfed in.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Flesh out those animated episodes from Alan Dean Fosters adaptations and they would have some interesting stuff. Start with the Slaver Weapon or Yesteryear

Comment

• publiusr
              Museum Super Collector
              • Aug 23, 2015

Agreed.

In the mean time

Ever since TAS first debuted way, way back I was interested in seeing what some of the ships seen in TAS could look like if they had been done as...

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 18, 2015

No AI here! The Spock you see here is achieved entirely through makeup. Seriously.

The hands that grip.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 31, 2012

Whaaaaaaaaatt?

That is seriously more impressive to me than CGI! Is there no digital touchup or add-on at all?

Comment

• SherryStover
                    • Apr 12, 2023

I respect those artists. That is really very impressive work.
                    Last edited by SherryStover; Sep 15, '23, 8:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎