Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kamen Rider trading cards by Ray Gun Cards. The trading card as art?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Kamen Rider trading cards by Ray Gun Cards. The trading card as art?

A friend on instagram let me know about this cool company in England, producing limited run bootleg releases of custom trading cards in wax wrappers from properties that never got card sets back in the day.

Now, I have my fair share of custom trading cards, not the least of which are all the amazing Mego cards you lot have made throughout the years.

With that in mind, I waited for his latest drop, and was not disappointed! He did a 9-card release for the original Kamen Rider!

It was a limited drop of 50 sets and it wasn't cheap. But this was one of the coolest and most authentic experiences! He also included a couple vinyl stickers, a pinback, and cards for Ultraman and Shin Godzilla as well!

I know, $30 for a pack of cards might seem ridiculous to some, but I look at it as a passion project, and as art.

Last edited by B-Lister; Apr 29, '23, 11:26 PM.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Thank you for posting these! So cool! Love the pin, too.

Considering the spiraling cost of official trading cards long ago when I worked in a comic shop, by this time, these are probably a bargain!

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I used to love opening vintage wax packs. Can't remember the last time I did it tho.

At a recent toy show, 2nd Series Garbage Pail Kid packs were selling at $50 a pack. I can remember not too long ago they were $10 a pack (and I can still remember when they were 25¢)
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I bought a set of these as well, really well done!
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Awesome!

It was limited to 30, so glad you got a pack, Brian!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎