X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Modded Robin -- FTC and Mego

I don't consider this a custom, so I am posting this here.

I was hoping to move the new Mego Robin to a new articulated short body, but the skin tones are too off and for a character like Robin, that's critical. I also moved the new Mego Robin to a Type S body. Besides the skin tone issue again, it was a real mess.

So I went to plan two of using the FTC new Robin head instead, which I like a lot too. After lots of playing around and realizing that the FTC skinny body Robin's tunic mostly fits the short Mego body (the shoulders can cause a few fit issues), I basically moved the new FTC Robin to a short Mego body, using the Mego belt. I initially reused the new FTC booties (as in the picture), but they were tight, so I have since switched out to the traditional Mego Robin elf boots that I had in my parts box from Doc Mego. I love the height difference, as seen next to a modded Super Friends Batman on a Type S body.

Robin, The Teen Wonder
    Robin, The Teen Wonder.jpg

The Dynamic Duo
    Robin, The Teen Wonder & Batman.jpg
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

looks cool!

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

Lookin’ good!
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

PM sent--questions.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I really like what you did there! The height difference is subtle, but it really works for the teen Robin of the sculpt.

Were the Mego undies too dark to fit in with the FTC gloves and sleeves? Or was it a fit issue? I do like the scales on the Mego version...

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            PM sent--questions.
            Responded!

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by hizzy
              looks cool!
              Thank you...

Originally posted by BATMAN89
              Lookin’ good!
              Thank you...

Originally posted by sprytel
              I really like what you did there! The height difference is subtle, but it really works for the teen Robin of the sculpt.

Were the Mego undies too dark to fit in with the FTC gloves and sleeves? Or was it a fit issue? I do like the scales on the Mego version...
              Thanks!

Yes, the Mego undies were too dark. It's too bad because the fit really good and I like the scales as well.

The Mego Robin's sleeves are small and looked even smaller and tighter on the broad shouldered new Mego body, so that also played into using the FTC costume instead.
              Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 30, '23, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Very nice looking upgrade and good job explaining how it went along, Robin looks terrific.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎