• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

What are your "Pre VCR event reruns?"

What are your "Pre VCR event reruns?"
    I'm talking about TV shows that you really got to know as a kid and couldn't wait to see again as they reran. These are the "Oh no, I missed it!" episodes; here are a stack of mine:
    Battle of the Planets: The bigfoot one where Zoltar is unmasked
    Star Trek: Arena
    Love Boat: Vincent Price Halloween episode
    Muppet Show: Star Wars One (duh)
    Happy Days: The Headless lady episode
    Let's keep going. I'm sure I have many more but I can't think of them right now.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Growing up I was lucky that a channel would rerun Adventures of Superman 52 & Batman 66 during the week. On Saturday afternoons a local station would run old Kung Fu movies or Godzilla movies. When the weather was bad, my brother and I would spend the day watching them. I wish we had a VCR back then but we didn't.

Those are the only shows I have memory of watching in the 70's (my single digit years). I do remember watching Wonder Woman, Shazam/Isis, Spider-Man & Hulk when they came on. I also remember watching Legends Of Super-Heroes, Star Wars Holiday Special and Kiss Phantom Of The Park and wondered why they never reaired them.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 23, '23, 7:33 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

the Incredible Hulk 2 part movies. 1) The Pilot. 2) The Meteor one where he is stuck as the hulk mid metamorphosis(the most fun word I learned at that age lol) and 3) The evil old Hulk with Dick Durock. 66 Batman of course with the cliffhanger episodes. The haunted house episode of greatest American hero. A bunch more that I can't think of right now. I remember when CBS first aired Star Wars and that was a big deal back then.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Not quite the same as what you were asking, but it made me think of when they would show the "Wizard of Oz" every Easter.

Also, I remember-- at least for a couple of year-- there was a big promotion where they showed classic horror movies in 3d. I believe it was one week with a different movie every night, and you could pick up the red and blue glasses at the grocery store. It felt like such an event. It really got me interested in classic Universal horror (that and checking out the Crestwood House books from the library).

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
          Also, I remember-- at least for a couple of year-- there was a big promotion where they showed classic horror movies in 3d. I believe it was one week with a different movie every night, and you could pick up the red and blue glasses at the grocery store.
          I remember around here, a local independent TV station aired the 3-d movie 'Gorilla at Large'. I only recall that one time, as they never did it again, and I do not remember any other station doing anything like that either. You mentioned that you'd get your 3-D glasses at a grocery store, now this is over 40 years ago, so I may be mis-remembering things, but it seems like they had a tie-in with the local Hardee's restaurants and you could get the glasses from them...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Legends of the Super Heroes specials and the Captain America TV movies first come to mind.

Gilligan's Island: vampire episode
            Star Trek: "Amok Time" and "The City on the Edge of Forever" (even as a kid, I loved this one!)
            Super Friends: "Super Friends, Rest in Peace" and "Universe of Evil". Also the Dracula episode!
            Happy Days: The Undertaker storyline where the garage blows up, and the ep where Arnold burns down
            Amazing Spider-Man: The clone episode.
            sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Just about any Christmas or holiday-themed episode of any show! This usually meant syndicated shows. First run shows were usually in first run around the holidays. Even today, I search out holiday episodes of Happy Days or The Jeffersons to complete the Christmas season!
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Dannyc
                • Feb 6, 2023

-The Fall guy Halloween episode with Elvira
                -A Lil Rascals episode where they're up on stage dancing dressed as skeletons.
                -Star Trek-Let that be your last battlefield

-Superfriends...I think these are all from the same '77 season...
                -Luthor/Sun people episode
                -vs Frankenstein episode
                -wizard of oz episode
                -Batman & Wonder Woman get turned into trolls

-also the 'Prometheus' and 'The First' episodes of the Hulk, which I saw someone else mention too.

-the Halloween episode of Highway to Heaven guest starring Anthony Zurbi and Michael Berryman (not really pre VCR though).
                Last edited by Dannyc; Apr 24, '23, 5:54 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

All Space 1999's

Back in the day channel 11 - WPIX --- Yes, the PIX-PIX-PIX-PIX-PIX- !!! channel --- (injoke to all fellow New Yorkers) was the place to go for Space: 1999.

After their first run debut they were just gone without a trace...

For like 15 years afterwards thought Dragon's Domain was just a very bad dream of mine ... seriously, no BS

Comment

• Dannyc
                    • Feb 6, 2023

Originally posted by Mikey
                    All Space 1999's

Back in the day channel 11 - WPIX --- Yes, the PIX-PIX-PIX-PIX-PIX- !!! channel --- (injoke to all fellow New Yorkers)
                    Are you referring to the call-in video game thing for kids? Wouldn't it be more like pix.....pix........pix............pix. lol. We would totally armchair quarterback all those pix games as if we could do better lol.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Dannyc
                      Are you referring to the call-in video game thing for kids? .
                      Oh yes

Comment

• VintageMike
                        Permanent Member
                        • Dec 16, 2004

Can't think of a single episode, mostly just general shows with qualifiers.

Batman '66: I was cool with any episode but disappointed if the villain wasn't one of the "big four"

Star Trek TOS: I didn't know it at the time, but I was bummed if I did not get a 1st or 2nd season episode for the most part. I basically learned later the episodes I liked were largely from the first two seasons.

Happy Days: I watched until the end but as far as reruns I was always hoping for something from the first 7 seasons. Once the original Arnold's burned down and Richie/Ralph were gone from the show it wasn't the same for multiple reasons.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Kolchek, The Night Stalker TV Movie "Crackle of Death"

Made from crashing two series episodes into eachother.

Think a Native American God and a Doppelganger story

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
                            All Space 1999's

Back in the day channel 11 - WPIX --- Yes, the PIX-PIX-PIX-PIX-PIX- !!! channel --- (injoke to all fellow New Yorkers) was the place to go for Space: 1999.

After their first run debut they were just gone without a trace...
                            I thought Space: 1999 was on WWOR channel 9 on Saturday nights (7PM?). But it's been over 45 years...
                            Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                              I remember around here, a local independent TV station aired the 3-d movie 'Gorilla at Large'. I only recall that one time, as they never did it again, and I do not remember any other station doing anything like that either. You mentioned that you'd get your 3-D glasses at a grocery store, now this is over 40 years ago, so I may be mis-remembering things, but it seems like they had a tie-in with the local Hardee's restaurants and you could get the glasses from them...
                              Once-a-year sometime in the mid-80s, one of our local independent stations, pretty sure it was WPIX ch. 11, would show a 3-D movie. They had at least "Gorilla at Large" and "Revenge of the Creature". There was a tie-in with something but I can't remember what it was, 7-11 maybe.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎