HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Season 2) - Trailer

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Season 2) - Teaser Trailer:

PUNY HUMANS!
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i think it looks good. classic Klingons. maybe they explain a little more why they looked different in the original series

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      i think it looks good. classic Klingons. maybe they explain a little more why they looked different in the original series
      All you need to know is it's a long story and Klingons don't discuss it with outsiders

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
        All you need to know is it's a long story and Klingons don't discuss it with outsiders

Enterprise tried to explain it. If I remember correctly the loss of ridges was caused by some kind of virus.

As the Klingons were stand-ins for the Soviet Union, I always thought it would have been a better explanation to have the TOS Klingons be another race that had been conquered and assimilated into the Klingon empire. They still would’ve been Klingons, used all the tech, and even adapted much of the culture, but biologically would have been different.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

That trailer looks terrible, to be honest. Anson Mount is wasted on this project. He’s the best, most charismatic actor cast in any of the NuTrek stuff, and he’s just wasted.

That guy playing Spock looks like Sheldon Cooper cosplaying as Spock.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Aw, that looks awesome; for me, this is the best Trek in decades. It's been updated, but it has an element I've really missed since TOS, and I'm all in.

Oh, and I'm glad to see a classic-looking Movie era Klingon design. The ones on Discovery looked like Sci-Fi Channel vampires, I thought they looked silly.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That looks really good.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                That trailer looks terrible, to be honest. Anson Mount is wasted on this project. He’s the best, most charismatic actor cast in any of the NuTrek stuff, and he’s just wasted.
                I watched every season of AMC's Hell on Wheels and S1 of SNW, and I only just realized that Mount was the lead in the former

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy and I loved Season 1, and this looks wonderful. Can't wait!
                  sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Season 1 introduced the Tellarites, but they didn’t look anything like TOS ones.
                    I’m curious if will see more storylines involving Tellarites and Romulans?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      Season 1 introduced the Tellarites, but they didn’t look anything like TOS ones.
                      I’m curious if will see more storylines involving Tellarites and Romulans?
                      Even if they did a story with Romulans, Pike’s crew couldn’t see them face to face, assuming the so-called show runners stick to canon, which now that I think about it is a moot point because they don’t and won’t.

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Looking forward to Season 2. I'm not a passionate Star Trek fan so I didn't watch Season 1 with a studied eye for Trek and that may have freed me up a bit to enjoy it where others might not. I thought the story telling and characters were interesting. I really liked that we got to know a bit about each of the main characters through their own story features and it was enjoyable to see them like each other and be willing to make personal sacrifices not just "for the team", but out of genuine feeling and care for each other. I think the cast is great and the look of the show is really cool.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Star Trek is old enough now, the continuity isn't going to be strictly adhered to. The same thing happened to Marvel Comics. It's still the same universe, it's never had a "hard" reboot like DC, but there are retcons and continuity implants that don't jibe with the original 60s and 70s stories now. That doesn't mean those stories "didn't happen". The changing tech and look of things kind of works with how comics have a sliding timeline. To me, TOS and Strange New Worlds are still in the same continuity, even with the visual and story hiccups. Heck, TOS couldn't get who they were working for right for the first season and half. And Vulcania, anyone?
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I think the most hilarious concept to use Canon as an argument is Doctor Who. That show hasn't exactly let it get in the way of good storytelling and never will. It's not on a "Simpsons" level about it but still...
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              Star Trek is old enough now, the continuity isn't going to be strictly adhered to. The same thing happened to Marvel Comics. It's still the same universe, it's never had a "hard" reboot like DC, but there are retcons and continuity implants that don't jibe with the original 60s and 70s stories now. That doesn't mean those stories "didn't happen". The changing tech and look of things kind of works with how comics have a sliding timeline. To me, TOS and Strange New Worlds are still in the same continuity, even with the visual and story hiccups. Heck, TOS couldn't get who they were working for right for the first season and half. And Vulcania, anyone?
                              I don’t recall the show ever using the word “vulcania.” They did use “Vulcanian” to describe Spock’s heritage, but that’s easily put down to linguistic variance, the same way we have more than one way to describe one’s heritage or nationality even today.

As for these shows being in the same universe, the studio themselves have divided the shows / movies into different universes, with the prime timeline consisting primarily of Roddenberry / Berman Trek, and JJ’s stuff going into the Kelvin timeline.

As for fandom, it’s in such a weird spot nowadays. I remember when fans, especially Star Trek fans, cared about details and continuity. This is why you had Enterprise going out of its way to explain why the Klingons in TOS didn’t have ridges on their forehead.

Were there continuity errors? Of course. But it was largely accidental, and very rarely intentional. This is why those shows had story bibles, most of which can be found online if anyone is interested. It’s why Gene Roddenberry rewrote every script that came through the building for the first two seasons.

I just can’t find it in me to defend lazy storytelling from soulless, billion dollar corporations. How can the audience take a story seriously if the creators can’t even take it seriously?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎