Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

i saw this posted on another toy site
    Barnabas Collins wrote: ↑
    Thu May 11, 2023 1:12 am
    McFarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV7 - BATMAN 66 - ROBIN WITH OXYGEN MASK
    McFarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV7 - BATMAN 66 - BATGIRL COMIC
    McFarlane DC RETRO 6IN WV7 - BATMAN 66 - BATMAN WITH OXYGEN MASK

Accessories with these figures: Looks like Batman (oxygen mask) comes with the Batzooka, while Robin (oxygen mask) comes with the Bat-Radio and Batarang (repeat props from Radioactive Batman figure), and BatGirl comes with BatCuffs and Batarang. Here's a rumored list of upcoming McFarlane '66 figures:

McFarlane Toys DC Retro 6" Figure WV8 - Batman 66 - Batman
    McFarlane Toys DC Retro 6" Figure WV8 - Batman 66 - Robin
    McFarlane Toys DC Retro 6" Figure WV8 - Batman 66 - The Joker (Comic)
    McFarlane Toys DC Retro 6" Figure WV8 - Batman 66 - Superman (Comic)
    McFarlane Toys DC Retro 6" Figure WV8 - Batman 66 - Lord Death Man (Comic)

superman ,i hope its based off of george reeves or bob holiday ,
    bob 66 would be my preference as he would seem to fit the time period better than george 57

but either would be great lol

i dont think superman has ever had such a great looking comic book suit in live action before or since

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm really regretting not getting in on this line earlier, but I'm still not crazy about the original Batman and Robin figures, so I hope we get new sculpts with more accurate colors too.

I'd be down for a Bob Holiday or George Reeves, but since it is apparently based on the comic, it may just be Mike Allred's take on Superman. Which would be great too, but opens things up to a lot of different interpretations!

Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; May 15, '23, 5:35 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I'll be curious to see what the Superman looks like.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

I think Clark Kent had a cameo in one of the 66 comics, and he looked to be inspired by George Reeves.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a great fan of the musical, Chris. It's actually quite clever and has some nuance as well as pop (art) influences. Every man has a job to do!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dannyc
              • Feb 6, 2023

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I'm really regretting not getting in on this line earlier, but I'm still not crazy about the original Batman and Robin figures, so I hope we get new sculpts with more accurate colors too.

I'd be down for a Bob Holiday or George Reeves, but since it is apparently based on the comic, it may just be Mike Allred's take on Superman. Which would be great too, but opens things up to a lot of different interpretations!

That's a really fun image but how is there a Frazetta Superman but no Ed Mcguinness lol.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 28, 2018

Lord Death Man? Wow! The Batman '66 comic featured lots of villains that were never in the show, so if they really do go this route, there are a lot of great possibilities!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

I feel better about the chance Todd can do Green Hornet and Kato(maybe comic '66). And wow! if he can do a scaled Black Beauty?

Comment

• hizzy
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Apr 1, 2023

Is this not based on the TV show but the comic?

Comment

• Count_Popula
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Aug 28, 2018

Originally posted by hizzy
                      Is this not based on the TV show but the comic?
                      TV show. But they've already made Two-Face, and I believe their upcoming Batgirl will be based on the comic, to get around rights issues. The Batman '66 comic was great, IMO. It brought most of the famous villains into the '66 universe, including Two-Face, Bane, Harley, Ra's, Croc, Grundy, Scarecrow, etc. Props to one especially clever issue where False-Face becomes Clay-Face!

And I especially enjoyed the limited series where Batman teamed up with the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman in the 70s - it offered some closure for me on the TV series universe.
                      Last edited by Count_Popula; May 23, '23, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 28, 2018

The next wave is on Amazon and for Batgirl, they are indeed using artwork from the Batman '66 comic. Nice! Here's hoping for more characters from the comic!

Comment

• Count_Popula
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 28, 2018

From the SDCC reveals - I love Lord Death Man. And I'll definitely get the Robot Batman, but as I recall, in the Batman '66 comic, it was giant. Basically it would have to be Shogun Warrior sized to scale appropriately with this line. Still a cool item, tho.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Last weekend, I stopped at Target to pick up some water and stumbled across the Batman '66 Batgirl just laying on a shelf. I scanned it for a price check... perfect! I get to self checkout and it says associate on their way. Oh great...

The associate punches in and sure enough, street dated for July 30. The associate took pity on me, probably after my very audible, "Oh No!", and sold it to me as UNKNOWN ITEM.

So, here is the updated McFarlane Batman '66 Display!

McToys Batman 66.jpg

Interesting that the Batgirl is not a straight re-use of the Catwoman sculpt. Anyway...

Keep' em coming, Todd! I just need to figure out how to display the vehicles and some of my other Batman '66 lines.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

They look wonderful grouped like that. I don't collect these, but I hope they do Bookworm and Mad Hatter.

I see you added the umbrella to Penguin, nice. He's the only one I bought, and I was disappointed he had no accessories.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

I took the umbrella from the Mattel Penguin. Freeze needs his Freeze Gun, but The Penguin without his umbrella was not going to work for me!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎