Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

For me, Jonny Quest is my favorite line. They really should have continued it.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Type3Toys
      For me, Jonny Quest is my favorite line. They really should have continued it.
      Totally agree!

I rotate the selection of figures I display quite a bit (and admittedly, focusing mostly on customs)... Jonny Quest are the only FTC figures I keep permanently on display. I wish they gave us a Bandit and some of the more iconic bad guys, but I'm overjoyed we got these at all.

Honorable mention to the Batman 66 line... those are outstanding too.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

The 66 Batman line, wished they added a few more and also the Kresge carded heroes.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Several:
          Batman 66 Batman, Robin ( original releases) Mad Hatter

DC Releases Cyborg, Ra's Al Ghul, Purple Dress Catwoman, and because she's grown on me Harley Quinn Emerald City Exclusive ( Shiny Suit)
          Dr. Sivana ( which was my first FTC release figure), Captain Sivana ( always wanted this one)

Superfriends Batman and Robin hit me in the 4 year old feels. If Mego had done this style long ago, we'd be wishing for everything to be that. Superfriends Bizarro is MY bizarro, afro and all.
          and Samurai was one of those characters as a kid I thought cool and I'm glad I have him now. Black Vulcan is nice, but I wish they had made the first appearance long pants suit.

there are a few others I'd like to get but prices are still too high......
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Oh and I gots to toss out Svengoolie here as well. The Svenmeister. The Deacon of Dread. The Titan of Terror. The Shemp of Horror.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Tie for me between Batman 66 and Superfriends with Scooby and the gang a close second

Comment

• hizzy
                Museum Super Collector
                • Apr 1, 2023

I know the figure is a simple one, but I love that FTC made an Abby Cable figure!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

I am just kind of amazed and amused at the depth FTC does when they do a line. Although they do often leave an obvious gap like no Reed on Brady Bunch and no Landau and Bain on the 99 line and no Gordon for the 66 line. There usually is a sort of work around that isn’t too much work but still.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 28, 2018

It's hard to go wrong with their Batman '66 or Super Friends lines. It's hard to pick favorites out of those, but I have the Opera Joker variant and 3-Piece Suit Riddler variant, both from their first appearances on the show. I love those.

Some favorites that don't fit into either of those lines include:

Black Tuxedo Joker (although stated nowhere, I think this was influenced by the famous Alex Ross illustration of Joker dancing with Harley)
                    Cyborg
                    Commissioner Gordon (I was really surprised what a fine figure this is, right down to his badge on his belt and his socks!)
                    Black Costume Batman variant (I love seeing the old Mego head sculpt with a new color scheme)

2016_FTC_DC_BlackBatman_Loose_600x.jpg

And I'm going to order Metamorpho soon - he looks so cool! I was hoping he'd eventually be issued in a box rather than a plastic bag, but it looks like that won't occur? I've also always wanted Firestorm and Red Tornado, but those are really rare these days.

Comment

• Figure8
                      Museum Patron
                      • May 18, 2016

FTC's Flash comes really close to my dream version of this figure. I love the sculpt and he fits in great with the original Megos. The Cyborg sculpt might be the best I've ever seen in the Mego format. A fantastic likeness and it looks realistic while still fitting in with the classics. A few other FTC favorites: new Robin, Firestorm, Reverse Flash, Trickster. I always liked the fact they went so deep into the DC universe and it would be nice if they commit to that again. I think at one point they even announced an Hourman figure ...

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Back in 2007, I bought the CTVT repros of the Super Knights, Mad Monsters, and Robin Hood because I never had the originals when I was a kid. I was disappointed in the bodies but the costumes and accessories were decent. When FTC started releasing their DC lines, I considered buying them, especially the Batman '66 line but eventually decided against it. I did wind up buying the Teen Titans repro figures. They do look nice. So I guess the Teen Titans are my favorite FTC figures.
                        Scott

Comment

• mirrorman
                          On Patrol
                          • Jul 18, 2011

The WGH special edition Justice League figures.

Comment

• mirrorman
                            On Patrol
                            • Jul 18, 2011

Originally posted by Action Martin
                            Back in 2007, I bought the CTVT repros of the Super Knights, Mad Monsters, and Robin Hood because I never had the originals when I was a kid. I was disappointed in the bodies but the costumes and accessories were decent. When FTC started releasing their DC lines, I considered buying them, especially the Batman '66 line but eventually decided against it. I did wind up buying the Teen Titans repro figures. They do look nice. So I guess the Teen Titans are my favorite FTC figures.
                            Agree - the Super Knights and Robin Hood figures are great - also agree on Teen Titans . Have all of those lines as well.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

I love a lot of the figures from various lines but the bodies just suck. I bought the 12" figures when they went on sale but several have a really bad lean to them and forget about the females standing by themselves. Just frustrating.

But like Steve I'd go with Batman '66 and Super Friends.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

They have done some good ones (and some not so good ones), but I have to say the one that catches my eye the most is Ra's Al Ghul. The head is maybe a tad big, but the sculpt is a Neal Adams drawing of the Demon's Head pulled right off the comic page. And thus far, I believe FTC is the ONLY action figure company that remembers that Ra's should not have eyebrows (Adams deliberately drew him that way to make him look "more exotic").

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎