X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hizzy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 1, 2023

Your Favorite FTC Figures?

I've been looking at the FTC more and more lately. The line is very extensive. So many variations of figures. They must have 3 or 4 different Batman figs. What do you count among your must have FTC figures?

Being a Mego fan, I love this version of the Joker:

The Mego Batman non-removable cowl version:

Ditto for Robin:

I would say I liked most of the Kresge Style figures. The Scarecrow was a bit too perfect for me. It's an amzing figure, but lacked that flawed Mego charm of perfectly imperfect that I love most about the brand. Mary Marvel was very nicely done and could fit into the original line. He's a little too perfect, but I like that they did mad scientist Lex. That is a version of the character that's under represented.

I like that they did a two pack of Mr Mxyzptlk. You want him short, here. You want him taller, here you go! The only weird thing is that he looks chubbier on the Kresge card version.

I like that FTC isn't afraid to go waaaaaay off the board and do a Phantom Stranger fig

I could list a million of these but I will stop here for now. What are your favorite FTC figures?
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

I really like their sculpts for the Super Friends line. Heck...all their Hanna Barbera figures look pretty good.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Hanna Barbera figures might be my favorites overall. The Super Friends are expansive and well done; they look great displayed on the shelf together. Birdman and Dynomutt & The Blue Falcon hit the mark for me too. And the Super Friends Batman is great as a stand-in comic book Bronze Age Batman.

There are a lot of great DC Comics figures too. Picking some of my favorites, I think the Batman Series 6 Joker might be my favorite Mego style version of the character. Other Batman standouts are Two-Face, new versions of The Riddler, Penguin and Robin (though he is on a super wonky skinny body), and Ra's Al Ghul. From the Wonder Woman line, Silver Swan and Cheetah are great. I like The Flash; I think he a great Silver Age representation and pair's well with the Teen Titans Kid Flash. The Trickster was a stand out for me too.

Other super-heroes I like a lot are the new versions of the Shazam Family -- Captain Marvel and CM Jr; also Red Tornado and Firestorm. I am not a fan of the character, but Jericho is fantastic.

I like many others too, but some required too many tweaks, upgrades, etc. to be considered my favorites out the package.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

For me the 12 inch DC guys......namely Joker and Shazam at the top of that list. Wish they made more.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

Metamorpho is hands-down my favorite figure they have ever done. The sculpt is perfect Aparo, the suit is well-designed and well tailored. It is just outstanding.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Even though their "skinnier than Mego" body was a little more obvious than usual, I thought they did a really good job with the Conan the Barbarian they produced.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I have to say the Batman 66 line for me.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                I have to say the Batman 66 line for me.
                I can't believe I didn't mention that line! As a group, it's right behind the Super Friends for me.

Comment

• Z-man 307
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Mar 15, 2010

I second the vote for Metamorpho. I don't buy many FTC figures, but just got him last week during the 20% off sale. He is amazing!

Comment

• hizzy
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Apr 1, 2023

I was amazed to see they produced Metamorpho and it's a great figure. It was really ambitious of them to take on such a hard-to-do character.

Any fans of the Cyborg figure? It's pretty intricate.

They really delve into DC lore. They should do a Kirby Demon and The Specter.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Probably this guy, I can't believe it exists.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Agent4125
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 23, 2007

My favorite FTC line ist their Batman 66 line!

So many characters and many fun episode specific variants (and yes, some boring variants as well...).

If only their figure bodies were better! I collected them MOC, so no big deal.
                        But I currently try to create some custom figures, and noticed how crappy the bodies are.

Comment

• hizzy
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 1, 2023

Originally posted by Agent4125
                          My favorite FTC line ist their Batman 66 line!

So many characters and many fun episode specific variants (and yes, some boring variants as well...).

If only their figure bodies were better! I collected them MOC, so no big deal.
                          But I currently try to create some custom figures, and noticed how crappy the bodies are.
                          Do the bodies differ from line to line?

Comment

• Jmass
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 19, 2006

I thought Red Tornado, Plastic Man and Doctor Fate were all good figures. Fate to me was pretty spot on as to what we'd have seen from Mego in the 1970's.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

I think the 66 Batman line is their best work. Personal favorites are Swamp Thing, Superfriends versions of Darkseid, Desaad, Parademon and Kalibak.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎