• Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Origins wave 12 comparisons

Snake Armor Skeletor

muosnakeskel.JPG

Not the worst of the 2002 reboot Skeletor variants but getting there.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Rulers of the Sun Hypno.

muohypno.JPG

Not a bad looking Egyptian themed character. Helmet gives me a bit of a Battlestar Galactica vibe. The spinning hypnotizing lollipop weapon thing isn't the greatest but the Silverhawks looking bird is quite nice.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Mini comics Roboto.

muorobcomic.JPG

Same as before but now in mini comics orange, woooo! He also has the addition of the painted-on heart.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Tung Lasher vintage versus Origins.

muotung.JPG

Definitely the winner of this wave. I always liked Tung Lasher. My favorite of the Snake Men faction. Probably because he looks more like a frog than a snake and those gorgeous colors. He really pops. The Origins Tung Lasher doesn't have the tongue flicking action feature. The tongue is removable instead.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Bonus figure Mattel Creations Frog Monger.

muofrog.JPG

This jaunty little fellow is loosely based on one of the creatures on the vintage Castle Grayskull dungeon sticker. You can see a bit of his head and arm in the sticker.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Other than Kobra Khan (who was later retro-connected to the Snake Men), Tung Lasher was the only Snakemen character I bought, as I moved on from MOTU. Because of this, my original is in really great shape! Hypno looks cool, but his accessory looks a bit like a lolipop! I love the idea of them making Frog Monger. I stared at that creepy sticker for a long, LONG time, and wondered about the creatures depicted there.

I wish I had picked up the original Origins Roboto. I always dug that figure. Not into the 200X variants, really. But I saw the standard Skeletor at Target, and he looked pretty nice.

Thanks as always for sharing!
            Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Apr 11, '23, 10:31 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• CharlesGutierrez
              • Apr 10, 2023

The same as before, except in orange mini-comics, wooo! He also has the painted-on heart as an embellishment.
              Last edited by CharlesGutierrez; May 11, '23, 1:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎