X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mod Style
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 1, 2009

Is Mego done with Hammer?

Hey folks, is Mego done with Hammer? I sure am disappointed to get all of those great Hammer figures with no Oliver Reed werewolf!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

That's a grave oversight if true. I really want Curse of the Werewolf, too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Count_Popula
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 28, 2018

Yep, Curse of the Werewolf would be amazing. I'd also like the monsters from Evil of Frankenstein and Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Hopefully not, I’d like to see Curse of Werewolf, Evil of Frankenstein and Abominable Snowman.
        I know Distinctive Dummies made them but if you can find them, they cost a pretty penny.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
          Career Member
          • Sep 5, 2005

Last I am aware of, and this may go back a couple of years so something could have changed, Curse was NOT part of the licensing package. DD, of course, didn't bother with licensing.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Too bad, if true. Curse of the Werewolf is such an obvious seller.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

At the moment it seems they’re done with everything except DC. Barely any Star Trek (no classic aka real Star Trek), zero POTA, zero Hammer or Universal.

My wallet thanks them but my heart is heavy. I love classic, vintage DC, but I want some more from those lines I mentioned above. More Apes, more real Star Trek, and Universal and Hammer horror.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                At the moment it seems they’re done with everything except DC. Barely any Star Trek (no classic aka real Star Trek), zero POTA, zero Hammer or Universal.

My wallet thanks them but my heart is heavy. I love classic, vintage DC, but I want some more from those lines I mentioned above. More Apes, more real Star Trek, and Universal and Hammer horror.
                I'm not sure if it counts as "real Trek", but Mego has shown a screen accurate TOS Talosian and Andorian in packaging.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

Agree completely with Liu Bei. The only Mego figures I have bought from recent releases are the WGSH 50th. I really would love to see more Universal Monsters, Hammer Horror and POTA. The new classic Trek Andorian and Talosion look great. Can't wait for those. Hopefully we'll see more classic Trek figures like those in future waves.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by sprytel
                    I'm not sure if it counts as "real Trek", but Mego has shown a screen accurate TOS Talosian and Andorian in packaging.
                    It’s real Star Trek, but has there been any confirmation on them? I remember seeing the pictures, but don’t remember hearing anything official or seeing them available for preorder anywhere.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mod Style
                      Hey folks, is Mego done with Hammer? I sure am disappointed to get all of those great Hammer figures with no Oliver Reed werewolf!
                      There is no confirmation that they're done with Hammer, Universal or Apes. There just haven't been any new solicitations. I assume a new assortment will likely be announced for summer, and who knows what it will bring? 2022 was heavy with characters from those licenses, so I wouldn't worry.

I have little to no communication with Mego these days, my educated guess is the 50th line sold really well and they needed to go back into production. However, that's just me piecing together the odd comment sent my way.

Oliver Reed
                      s likeness was off the table; however, a friend in the industry told me he thought that might change. Fingers crossed.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                        ...Oliver Reed's likeness was off the table; however, a friend in the industry told me he thought that might change. Fingers crossed.
                        Can you elaborate on this? Because the thought of not having COTW is distressing.

I thought that the rights to the film, as with Hammer's Phantom of the Opera, lie within Mego's agreement with Universal.

It was disappointing when the Hammer Gorgon fell through, but at least we got The Reptile and frankly that's a better film. But no Werewolf? It's iconic; I think fans will be terribly disappointed

Baron Frankenstein and the Werewolf would complete the line, for me. I'm hoping, as with S7's Werewolf of London, that a delay is just ironing out wrinkles.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

We have to have some Hammer Glamour for the line to be complete. At least Ingrid Pitt as Camilla Karnstein ( with a head sculpt bearing fangs ). Maybe when the new female body is ready.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Interestingly, rumor has it that Universal is going to name a roller coaster in their Epic Universe Theme Park "Curse of the Werewolf". This is in the Universal Monsters land (now rumored to be called "Dark Universe", reusing the abandoned movie series title), and I would assume it's based on the Larry Talbot character, but they are supposedly using the name of the film with Reed's Leon character. Universal mixed the two up so much in the 60s, Chaney's Wolfman grew an extra pair of "dog ears" on top of his head, and/or wore Reed's puffy shirt and cumberband on several pieces of merchandise, including the Aurora modle kit box and the Marx figure.

It would be a real shame if we never got a Mego of him. If we just got him and a Cushing Baron Frankenstein, I'd be satisifed as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Baron Frankenstein would be easy reuse of the Van Helsing
                              Sculpt, the Flocked Fly Coat and the CandyMan onesie and shoes.

Oh wait, that’s my custom…….��

Still this should have been an easy release.

Isn’t Mark Fair making / has made a COTW sculpt?
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎