X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Dr. Who Series 14 (revised)

Well it seems this next season of Dr. Who is going to bring in new viewers & possibly loose some old viewers. First off Dr. Who is going to be played by Ncuti Gatwa and today they announced that Drag Race R=royalty Jinx Monsoon will be playing a major role.

doctor-who.jpg

Gatwa had previously been announced as Jodie Whittaker's successor as the programme's lead, and many reports stated he would play the Fourteenth Doctor and that Whittaker's Thirteenth Doctor would regenerate into an incarnation portrayed by Gatwa. Upon Whittaker's final appearance as the character, she instead regenerated into a form seemingly identical to the Tenth Doctor. This character, portrayed by David Tennant, was confirmed to be the Fourteenth Doctor, with later clarification that Gatwa would actually portray the Fifteenth Doctor.

His first episode as lead actor is set to air in the "festive period" of 2023, and the fourteenth series will screen in 2024. [wiki]

Doctor Who returns in November 2023 with three special episodes with David Tennant as the Fourteenth Doctor to coincide with the 60th anniversary. Ncuti Gatwa’s first episode as the Fifteenth Doctor will then air over the festive period.

Doctor Who will premiere exclusively on the BBC for the UK and Ireland.

Disney+ will be the exclusive home for new seasons of Doctor Who outside of the UK and Ireland.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 19, '23, 2:53 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I was one of those people that thought Eddie Izzard would make an interesting doctor. RTD loves stunt casting, it's parr for the course and a tradition that JNT started. I'm sure you're right that some people will exit fandom over this announcement and well, that seems over-reactionary and rather a fragile worldview. I pity people like that.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

isn't the Doctor supposed to be asexual? I mean i know they did the romance with tenant and Rose, but other than that, hasn't he really always sort of been asexual? for them to say the new Doctor will be openly gay, seems to be taking things in a totally different direction with his persona

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
        I was one of those people that thought Eddie Izzard would make an interesting doctor. RTD loves stunt casting, it's parr for the course and a tradition that JNT started. I'm sure you're right that some people will exit fandom over this announcement and well, that seems over-reactionary and rather a fragile worldview. I pity people like that.
        I agree, Eddie Izzard would have been an interesting choice. who knows, i suppose it could still happen. I saw Eddie live several years back for the biography tour

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
          I don't know. Izzard has such a large presence, I'm not sure I would ever see her as The Doctor. I'm afraid I would always see her as Izzard playing the Doctor.

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          isn't the Doctor supposed to be asexual? I mean i know they did the romance with tenant and Rose, but other than that, hasn't he really always sort of been asexual? for them to say the new Doctor will be openly gay, seems to be taking things in a totally different direction with his persona
          Wasn't the Doctor also married to River? Perhaps the Doctor's love transcends the physical. I don't really know, but I assume the 13th Doctor also loves Rose and River. I am, by far, no expert on Doctor Who.

Question- Did the producers say the 15th Doctor would be gay or did they simply hire a gay actor to play him? I'm sure some fan's will leave either way.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• publiusr
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 23, 2015

I always thought the post HEARTBEEPS Venus (Death) Probe from “The Six Million Dollar Man” should have gone out in ‘Remembrance’ as a Super Dalek.

A Soviet launch of a probe to Venus malfunctions, bringing the probe down in the United States. Because it is made of a new alloy, unknown to American technology, Soviet scientists and agents are anxious to recover the probe, which has landed in a remote section of Wyoming. A farmer who encounters it fires his gun at it, and the probe retreats, causing consternation among locals. The Soviets alert their agents stationed in the area (one even operates a very capitalist gas station), using the phr
            Last edited by publiusr; Apr 16, '23, 1:45 AM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Jinkx Monsoon

Dr Who Jinx 1.jpgDr Who Jinx 2.jpg

Jinkx Monsoon as the Doctor’s most powerful enemy yet!
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                I think can digest that the shape-changing, gender-hopping and race-switching space alien might also change orientations. As long as it's not the focus of the show, I probably won't notice that aspect.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]35488[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35489[/ATTACH]

Jinkx Monsoon as the Doctor’s most powerful enemy yet!
                  Shades of JNT, I hope I'm mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎