Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

Hopefully, there will be an unrated Director’s Cut to show it all. Would also actually be pretty funny to throw on over the end credits.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Funny, for me having little interest in the character (more of a Marvel kid) makes me enjoy this trailer more. There's little source material-departure that would potentially bother me.

Originally posted by Hector
      The only real criticism I have is when Blue Beetle unknowingly slices the bus in half. It’s a big city where buses tend to be at full capacity, meaning people would be standing in the middle aisle. In real life, Blue Beetle would’ve cut many people in half…

Like you, I immediately thought how several people would've been but in half. And, like you, I just laughed it off as necessary plot contrivances.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Boyfriend and I went today to watch Blue Beetle and we both loved it. This was truly a family heartwarming movie, that I wish Batman or Shazam movies were. I loved the fact that they do include Dan Garrett & Ted Kord's Blue Beetle in the story. Even though they changed the location of the town (El Paso Tx to a Miami type Florida town) they did include a nod (El Paso Street). I also like how they referenced other DC Characters (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Lex Luthor), you have no idea was movie universe Blue Beetle belongs to. Over all the movie as lighthearted, strong family values, and sets up for 2 movies.

Yes, there are 2 bonus scenes:
        Mid-Credit: this was the one you secretly was hoping for (and need to stay for)

end-credit: I am still trying to figure out why its there (if you miss it don't worry)
        Last edited by monitor_ep; Aug 18, '23, 5:11 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

It was okay. Some good action & battle sequences, and it was cool that the previous Blue Beetles were referenced. Some genuinely humorous moments, too. But overall it felt somewhat like a CW show.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

My whole family enjoyed it. I liked it better than expected. Fairly derivative of other Super Hero films at points, but the family angle and characters put it over. I connected with them, and actually liked them, and cared about what happened to them, which isn't a given. Lots of Easter eggs from the Beetle comics, and DC lore in general.
            sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I'll see it of course with MAX and if there's a nod to Dan Garrett, Ted Kord and the Bug I'll be there. Plus knowing zilch about Jaime Reyes it will be fresh and new to me. My nephew, who is Puerto Rican, most likely will see it with his friends and let me know how it is.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Not from Monitor_EP

Yes there is a history with Dan Garrett & Ted Kord and there is a reason they are selling the Bug popcorn bucket. I will wait till Monday to break down all the easter eggs in a different thread.
                vlcsnap-2023-04-03-20h49m47s443.jpgth.jpg
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

I saw it on Sunday and enjoyed it very much. There was one thing that was kind of cheesy, but otherwise, a very enjoyable movie. And one that didn't just lay waste to the history of DC Comics.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    Boyfriend and I went today to watch Blue Beetle and we both loved it. This was truly a family heartwarming movie, that I wish Batman or Shazam movies were. I loved the fact that they do include Dan Garrett & Ted Kord's Blue Beetle in the story. Even though they changed the location of the town (El Paso Tx to a Miami type Florida town) they did include a nod (El Paso Street). I also like how they referenced other DC Characters (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Lex Luthor), you have no idea was movie universe Blue Beetle belongs to. Over all the movie as lighthearted, strong family values, and sets up for 2 movies.

Yes, there are 2 bonus scenes:
                    Mid-Credit: this was the one you secretly was hoping for (and need to stay for)

end-credit: I am still trying to figure out why its there (if you miss it don't worry)
                    SPOILERS

I believe I can answer that, back in the 1970's when we had UHF (aaggghhh ) Me and my Dad would watch TELEVISA on channel 44 here in Chicago, The CHAPULIN COLORADO was one of the shows we watched along with LOZ POLIVOCES and EL CHAVO DEL OCHO. Basic comedy fair of the time on TELEVISA. El Chapulin translated to: (the RED GRASSHOPPER), I guess you could say was a parody of a superhero TRYING to do good, BUT; Screwing up in reverse for the most part. Like a certain DC BEETLE! (will address the CHARLTON Influence in a bit). Hey it was a comedy, and it was LIVE ACTION, the cartoon came along later, I think. ( Sorry I out grew watching it, not too hip on the history and chronology). Guessing Director Angel Manuel Soto, grew up watching it too and decided to be cheeky and pop in the clip as an homage or salute to the influence.

my 2¢

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 8, 2015

Saw it Friday night and I guess it was okay. Honestly I think if it were a more popular hero that common people can associate with I think it would have done MORE BUSINESS. I remember Jaime Reyes from INFINITE CRISIS and he was in the Teen Titans for a while, but I never got his own book mostly cause I haven't been devoted to DC in over 10 years!!!

But I Digress...

SPOILERS

For one thing Watching the trailer I assumed that all of this took place in Los Angeles. And then I guess from what you all are telling me he is based in EL PASO. But now in the film it seems he is in a Florida town???? Anyway, I thought that the villain **** was an interesting take on he concept. Considering he/it has been around for ages.

The family was ok. Didn't care for Uncle Rudy, he was too obnoxious. Grandma Nana was pretty hip, Dr. Jose Francisco Morales Rivera de la Cruz was MY Hero! ("Sanchez") you can only take so much crap!!

And will there be a 2nd film??? I dunno, DC in chaos all the time may pick up the option and do one or just take the Beetle and have him appear in (Fill in Your mainstream DC Hero film) and carry on from there. Also no one commented on the OREO's (Easter egg) and in the opening credits (which went by quickly) the "Green Light aka Green Lantern" reference. So is DC gonna do a JLA or JLI film?? Again I dunno its up to James Gunn just as long has he doesn't mess up Bat-Mite!

And we also got to see who GOT CREDITED and who DIDN'T!

The Special Thanks section at the very end of Blue Beetle is a bit of a mess, with three major inconsistencies. Hopefully they will fix it.

Apparently Charles Nicholas Wojtkoski is not named. Who was the artist who co-created DAN GARRETT/ Blue Beetle. But the article claims he was a "name" used by all artists working on the book!?!????

Ted Kord came on my radar in the late 70's early 80's and it was the CHARLTON comics group that introduced me to Kord, Garrett, The QUESTION, and the rest of the characters. In those books Kord was more straight forward and Heroic. I dug the books and once DC announced they were gonna put out his own book, I was excited.

Sadly it didn't measure up to the Charlton books, and his role in JLI with Booster just made it harder to respect the character that I enjoyed reading and it also diminished the legacy of Dan Garrett.

Just being honest.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Just watched this movie and thought it sucked. Seemed like it should have been made for tv and a kids show like Power Rangers. The script should have been thrown in the trash...
                        I may not know Spanish, but I know some. There were some foul language stuff not translated correctly in the subtitles.
                        Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 19, '23, 9:37 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Checked it out this weekend, I have to say I wasn't onboard for the first bit but eventually the cast and the love towards the Ted Kord era won me over.

It's essentially just a toned down version of the Guyver with a lot silliness. My only gripe was the OMAC design, it was "Man-Tech" bad. He looked like he came out of a dollar store, weird choice.

Otherwise, it's a fun little movie.

PS I used to have that Grasshopper guy on a lunchbox.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎