• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Blue Beetle (movie)

th (4).jpg

A Mexican-American teenager finds an alien beetle that gives him super powered armor.

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

I have no knowledge or interest in this blue beetle so a pass(and it doesn't look good enough to me anyway plus I am also burnt out by all the superhero movies) and seems too much like Venom.. Though if there is a Dan Garrett or Ted Kord acknowledgment(which I think there is) my interest will peak.Did I see Kord's Bug?
    Last edited by powersthatbe; Apr 3, '23, 8:22 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Blue Beetle (movie)

I am impressed with the trailer and it does put in the Dan Garrett or Ted Kord & Kord's Bug.

vlcsnap-2023-04-03-20h49m47s443.jpgvlcsnap-2023-04-03-20h48m57s762.jpg
      Last edited by monitor_ep; Apr 3, '23, 8:53 PM.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

looks fun to me

Comment

• Mego Milk
          Custom Mego Maker
          • Jun 3, 2007

I will see this.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like a lot of fun. I was really surprised to see some of the deep-bench nods to the comics in there. That got me really jazzed. Looks like the character's history is relatively intact from the comics.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

It’s a bit Spider Man/Peter Parker (lab and Gwen Stacy-like female protagonist) meets Venom (organic alien morphing into body) meets Shazam (family involvement). Power Rangers (the sword and martial arts moves). Even Alien (after the scarab lounges and attaches to his face like a Facehugger).

Notice near the end of the trailer…there are two standing suits of previous Blue Beetles (Dan Garret and Ted Kord) in the background.

Looks like George Lopez’ character’s comment referring to Batman being a fascist has divided the fandom.

Looks like a fun light-hearted movie. I like the lead, Cobra Kai’s Miguel…

I will watch it on HBOMax.
              sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

I dont get the controversy about a character in the story calling Batman a fascist. Several characters called Batman a fascist innthe Dark Knight Returns and it has popped up every now and then several times. That's almost 40 years of history. Being upset about it new just seems weird. That's like being upset about the first way too excited guy in Metropolis who thought he saw a bird.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

looks like fun but i will wait for HBO max

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                    I dont get the controversy about a character in the story calling Batman a fascist. Several characters called Batman a fascist innthe Dark Knight Returns and it has popped up every now and then several times. That's almost 40 years of history. Being upset about it new just seems weird. That's like being upset about the first way too excited guy in Metropolis who thought he saw a bird.
                    It's perplexing; first off, it's a joke, and secondly, it's totally believable that a man in a bat costume beating up people would have his critics.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                      He was *awfully* excited. Must be super annoying all the times that he was actually right...

"Look up in the sky! Its a bird!"
                      "Yes, Frank... For the 100th time, they are called pigeons... You don't have to keep pointing them out..."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

People not laughing at that facist joke REALLY need to lighten up. Lopez' character appears to be the "outlaw uncle", who probably dabbles in illegal activities. Of course he's not going to be a fan of Bat (the) Man.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

The only real criticism I have is when Blue Beetle unknowingly slices the bus in half. It’s a big city where buses tend to be at full capacity, meaning people would be standing in the middle aisle. In real life, Blue Beetle would’ve cut many people in half…

sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Hector
                            The only real criticism I have is when Blue Beetle unknowingly slices the bus in half. It’s a big city where buses tend to be at full capacity, meaning people would be standing in the middle aisle. In real life, Blue Beetle would’ve cut many people in half…

If super-hero movies and comic books accurately showed the collateral damage and lives lost form super-hero fights in any form, the bodies would be stacked high on every page/scene, so them shootingit to not do that doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's part of the super-hero trope in play and suspension of disbelief when you choose to consume stories about super-powered characters. If you want realistic depictions of collateral damage and body counts, super-hero movies aren't the place to look.

-M
                            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Why you think I’m laughing about it…

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎