X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Awesome ToyLanta Weekend

As many times as I have attended ToyLanta over the years I have to say that this year's experience for my wife and me was the best ever. We got to hang out with one of our best friends Greg Mason ( Luey ). We got to meet Brent from Brentz Dolz and see some of his awesome customs. We got to meet the gentleman behind White Elephant Toys and personally thank him for the two Atomic Apeman ToyLanta Exclusives which I absolutely love. We got to meet Pixel Dan and talk with him about MOTU. I found some great figures to add to the collection and all at good prices. The vintage selection this year was off the charts. My best find was a complete Harbert Doctor Who 4th Doctor with an incredibly nice box. After this weekend's experience I can't wait till Mego Meet / Power Con.
    Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Mar 26, '23, 10:43 PM.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Oh man I envy you, that whole thing looked amazing. Greg, Brent and Jason are awesome guys.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• shazam7208
      Career Member
      • Oct 28, 2008

Lots of great dealers and picked up some great items myself!

I do have to say that I liked the Hilton Marietta Hotel and Convention Center from the past few years much better. I think that venue was lined and seemed to flow much better...and the parking seemed to be larger.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Palitoy... I've known Greg since the mid 90s. Met him at a toy show in Knoxville, TN. Seemed like at the time he and I were the only ones that knew what Mego was or the only ones that cared anyway. We have formed a great friendship over the years. It was an honor to meet Brent and Jason as well. Looking forward to seeing these guys again at Mego Meet.
        Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Mar 26, '23, 8:02 PM.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

We actually enjoyed the new hotel. The only negative thing was that its a lot further away from us than the previous location.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

Photos, anyone???

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I had a really good time at the show. Saw Austin, Greg and Jason. ZAnd managed to pick up a couple of things as well. Good show.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                Photos, anyone???

There IS a great article from last years show in issue # 5 of TOYCOLLETR magazine !!!!! A very nice six page article with pics!!

And what sucks Is I didn't make it again this year.

cause i am going to the GREAT OHIO TOY SHOW (and it better be good or else!!!)

its always something...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 22, 2011

Atlanta this year was probably the best one I've ever been to. Seen more vintage carded and boxed Megos than I ever have before. Found some great vintage items for my personal collection and met some really nice people. Got to talk with Jason ( White Elephant Toyz ) and tried to encourage him to do more with the Atomic Apeman. Also ran into Brent ( BrentzDolz ) and got to talk with him awhile. Such an awesome time.
                  Roci and me will be setting up in Ohio this year with Greg Mason, Dustin Cradic and Daniel Germany. It will be the first time in Ohio for Roci and me and we're really looking forward to it.
                  Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Mar 26, '24, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• earthlings
                    • Feb 26, 2024

man, I wish i was there also.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍