X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Insane MOTU Origins weekend

As some of you know here, I dabble in MOTU Origins, only picking things up in the wild that scratch that nostalgia itch. Well, my daughter found a heck of a deal at BIDFTA for the Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Cat set, which she got for $12.

We then went to The Great Ohio Toy Show, and I was focused on vintage stuff, but I managed to make it out with two Origins pieces I wanted, but hadn't picked up. Right before closing, I was browsing a booth with a lot of modern MOTU merchandsie, and the lady said "If there's anything you're intersted in, it's half-price". Well, they had the Masterverse 40th Anniversary He-Man already marked $20, so it was $10. I couldn't pass that up!

As I was paying, I looked over at something there that had caught my eye earlier that day. A loose, complete (minus the Sorceress) Origins Castle Grayskull for $60. I asked "Is Grayskull half off too?" IT WAS!!! I couldn't believe it, and neither could my wife when I walked up holding that baby.

On our way back home, we stopped at a Walmart about an hour from our house. I found the Walmart exclusive flocked Panthor for $8! I joked I should go play the lottery, but take my old HG Toys Power Sword with me for good luck! As you can see below, I found a few other modern toys, at nutso prices. I got the Scarlet at Gamestop for $11.

Sorry to gloat, but I have had a pretty rough time lately, and this weekend really boosted my spirits and reginited a lot of collector fires. I saw some wonderful vintage toys at that massive show, and bought some great things as well!

sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Nice haul. I really like the chrome He-Man armor on that set.

What are the paper Batman'66 items? EDIT: I see your other thread, thanks.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 26, '23, 8:08 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

I just dropped $400 on preorders for the Origins stuff coming this fall. Can’t be helped. Mattel’s Origins line is insanely good. It’s the best toy line to hit store shelves since the original MOTU, and is a real swan song for this kind of toy at retail. I don’t think we’ll ever see anything like this again. Anybody missing out on it is going to be kicking themselves hard and often when this run is over, because the secondary prices will be insane when it’s all said and done.

Figures, vehicles, playsets, great packaging and artwork with lots of accessories and bright, vivid colors and excellent sculpts. It’s a small miracle.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats! What an awesome haul.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks! This has definitely pulled me deeper into the line. I'm contemplating a pretty thorough reorg of my collectibles room to accomodate a big MOTU battle scene around the vintage and Origins Castle Grayskull now.
          sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

It's such a great line.

The best "toy" line in a decade, if not more.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              It's such a great line.

The best "toy" line in a decade, if not more.
              More, for sure. What comes close? The Classics line was good, but overpriced and never available at mass retail. The closest comparison is the 90’s with TMNT, Star Trek, and Star Wars.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎