X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Batman 66 Fan Casting

Ok just some spitballing for additional casting for Batman 1966 characters. Two factors here are the rules. The character has to have been in a Batman comic book before or during the series airing and the actor has to be physically capable of having done the role during the airing.
    I had read that William Shatner had been considered for Two Face Harvey Dent and I loved his appearance in the second animated Adam West movie in that role.
    Scarecrow had been a part of Batman history since 1941 and his 25th anniversary should have included a role on the tv show. Since I like stunt casting sometimes, I think Ray Bolger as Scarecrow/Professor Crane would have been very interesting. He did the movie Daydreamer in 1966 so he was around and still active even a few years later. I think it would have been interesting to see.
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Professor Strange and Poison Ivy…Clayface and Solomon Grundy…who else is missing? Manbat was a few months late showing up in 1970 and Ra’s Al Ghul in 1971 so just outside the range. Killer Moth was sort of cast already in the Batgirl pilot although it never aired.
    Ann Margaret as Poison Ivy? She could definitely do it and she had the looks.
    Yul Brenner as Prof Strange? I kind of like this.

Comment

• publiusr
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 23, 2015

Warren Stevens as Two Face:
      Warren Stevens (2 November 1919 – 27 March 2012; age 92) was an actor who played Rojan in the Star Trek: The Original Series second season episode "By Any Other Name". He filmed his scenes between Friday 10 November 1967 and Friday 17 November 1967 at Desilu Stage 9 and Stage 10. Stevens enrolled at the United States Naval Academy in 1937, serving at least three and half years as a midshipman. Sometime between 1939 and 1940, he was disenrolled from the Academy due to vision problems, but later j

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I don’t have any negatives about him as Harvey at all. And if Riddler can have two actors and Catwoman and Mr Freeze can have three then certainly Two Face can have multiples.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I once posited Anthony Perkins as Jonathan Crane, aka the Scarecrow.

Ann Margaret as Poison Ivy for sure, even though Ivy was more of a brunette in the Silver and Bronze Ages. BTAS made her a ginger. For an alternative Ivy with more appropriate locks, but just as sexy, Diana Rigg?

Oliver Reed as The Cavalier? Pre-Musketters, too!
          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Ann Margaret as Poison Ivy for sure, even though Ivy was more of a brunette in the Silver and Bronze Ages. BTAS made her a ginger. For an alternative Ivy with more appropriate locks, but just as sexy, Diana Rigg?

OMG, I was literally going to post Anthony Perkins is the only person for the Scarecrow. We think alike!

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Lon Chaney Jr. as Solomon Grundy, and Christopher Lee as Ra's Al Ghul!

Last edited by enyawd72; Mar 27, '23, 4:12 PM.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I’m not saying she never appeared brunette but her first appearance in 1966 looked very red here
                759DDFE2-AFE6-4EE1-8BA1-7656DF3A0D96.jpg

E0E08DCE-096C-4F31-A243-16E4D1FD1965.jpg
                Last edited by Megotastrophe; Mar 27, '23, 6:40 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Who's Who volume 1 lists her hair color as "chestnut".

sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

I’m just staying in the red family lol. Again, it also depends on who is doing the colors that issue. And I think Ann would do a perfectly cheesy job. I think Rigg might be too good of an actress for this. Boris Karloff died in 1969, and while his later appearances were kind of slow and creaky he could have done a memorable turn as Ra’s. At least as good as Tallulah Bankhead as Black Widow

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I would cast Karloff as the original Clayface, Basil Karlo. It's too perfect! Stuntman Eddie Parker could fill in for him during the action, like he did in Abbott & Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

I do like stunt casting! Same reason I picked Ray Bolger for the Scarecrow. So should we get Ricou Browning for Killer Croc? I know he is way too late in the timeline but Ra’s didn’t show up til 1971 and we have him in here haha.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎