Act now while they're reasonable!

https://zlccollectibles.com/collecti...pps+Exclusives
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

super thanks for the heads up!! Some tough financial decisions were made in the topps era; glad to have a second chance!

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Thanks for the heads-up!

And, of course, Worf is the one I was after and the only one that's already sold out

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Happy to pick up the 2 that I passed on before. I imagine some people will be upset by these being available, but I’m not one of them.

Comment

• puckace
          Museum Super Collector
          • Feb 5, 2009

Originally posted by Goblin19
          Happy to pick up the 2 that I passed on before. I imagine some people will be upset by these being available, but I’m not one of them.
          Same here. Glad to get the 3 I passed on before at a much more reasonable price. Topps shipping was an incredible ripoff.

Comment

• ToyBob
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by Goblin19
            Yes I hate availability and reasonable shipping, makes me so mad.
            I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ToyBob
              Yes I hate availability and reasonable shipping, makes me so mad.
              I can see both sides...I imagine the people who bought these under the lie of exclusivity and paid Topps' exorbitant shipping prices are none too happy.
              After all, these were "not available anywhere else".

Mattel did the same thing with their "sold out" MOTU Classics that ended up in Big Lots for less than a third of the original price.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72

Mattel did the same thing with their "sold out" MOTU Classics that ended up in Big Lots for less than a third of the original price.
                To me, that's way worse. Topps is an unhappy memory for me, I mean, it seriously crushed my spirit for Mego fandom in general.

I knew there had to be overstock because making exact runs is impossible. So, seeing them at ZLC for a decent price made me think, "Oh, I wanted another mutant." That was about it. If some feel hosed, they're entitled to feel that way. Other than I just wanted to forget about the whole affair, I don't. I only bought them because I'm a collector of Mego figures and will admit the pressure of buying every week got heavier and heavier.

I'd expect people to be angry if they were at Ollies or 5 Below. It'd be a real S**t Show, and I'd say people had a fundamental right to be furious about it.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Good looking out. Picked up an extra copy of the Mutant Leader from POTA.

I'm not mad at all that ZLC collectibles snagged some extras and are able to sell them to fans that missed out on them the first time. I didn't buy the Topps stuff for its exclusivity, I bought them because they were great figures. Hopefully now more people will get a chance to snag some of them and enjoy them.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

I actually like those Topps cards, would be cool to have those added to your museum card collection.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      I actually like those Topps cards, would be cool to have those added to your museum card collection.
                      Me too! Trading cards are one area where Topps could have brought some unique value to the partnership. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

I’m only vaguely interested in the Grim Reaper and the Hammer Zombie (because they’re cool), but I’m not interested enough to spend over $40.00, though. When Topps originally started with these figures, I was super excited about the Hammer Gorgon and pre-ordered two, they canceled the figure and my order, of course...leading to much disappointment. :(

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

You do know that retail is 20 bucks now on Mego?

Originally posted by danadoll
                          I’m only vaguely interested in the Grim Reaper and the Hammer Zombie (because they’re cool), but I’m not interested enough to spend over $40.00, though. When Topps originally started with these figures, I was super excited about the Hammer Gorgon and pre-ordered two, they canceled the figure and my order, of course...leading to much disappointment. :(

Dana
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JoeMego
                            • Oct 29, 2018

Thanks for the heads up I ordered the four Topps figs (3 POA, and STTMP Spock) I missed the first time around and they are arriving today.

Comment

• PB
                              • Jul 2, 2021

I guess this explains the great price I got on the secondary market for a Quark. Worf is sold out, darn. But appreciate the heads up might still throw in an order for that TMP uniform.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎