Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive release info drop for MOTU Origins and Revelations toys for fall.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Massive release info drop for MOTU Origins and Revelations toys for fall.

I now await the inevitable moving of the goal posts from the the usual MOTU is dead/dying grifters and rage merchants.

New Masters Of The Universe Origins And Masterverse Official 2023 Checklist From Mattel

More pics.

Mattel have sent through a ton of new product images for upcoming Masters of the Universe items due in Fall 2023. This includes both Origins and Masterverse, with roughly 30 new items included. No pre-orders yet, those should start going live at various retailers starting soon. Read on to check out all the images, including...
    Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 20, '23, 11:25 AM. Reason: added link
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

OMG...I just died and went to MOTU Heaven.

So much awesomeness to behold.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I now await the inevitable moving of the goal posts from the the usual MOTU is dead/dying grifters and rage merchants.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

Glow in the dark skeleton warriors? I'M INNN!!!

also, Sun-man 3 pack!
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, you don't have to be a Guru when it comes to Toys to see this line is in no way DEAD.
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Wow, you don't have to be a Guru when it comes to Toys to see this line is in no way DEAD.
            You mean the youtube grifters were wrong yet again about MOTU being dead!? I'm shocked! Shocked! Well, not that shocked.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              LOL...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

That's a lot, but it's terrific!!

ROS and Snake Face, I'm happy and excited.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I'll start with the negative. There's only one female figure and it's another green repaint of Teela. Where's Shadow Weaver, Frosta, Glimmer, Catra, etc.? They are long overdue in Origins. Snake Men overkill with Snake Trooper, Snake Teela, Snake Man at Arms and Snake Guard and the Snake Men repaint 4 pack is pretty meh. The Horde is a much more popular faction and we still missing many characters.

Now on to my favs. Point Dread and Talon Fighter are fantastic. Just a right amount of updating with the clear windshield for the Talon Fighter and plastic computer for the Point Dread. Dragon Blaster Skeletor is fantastic and looks like it will actually squirt water. The Glow in the Dark Skeleton Warriors are awesome. Spikor is also pretty great. Lastly, the Skeletor the comes with Screeech has the best modern Skeletor headsculpt so far and that includes MOTUC versions.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 20, '23, 6:07 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

The last two vintage figures I'm holding out for are Sy-Klone and Two-Bad--both likely deluxe. Otherwise, we do need some POP and definitely more female characters.

It looks as if ROS and Snake-Men will wrap up fourth quarter, hopefully 2024 will yield more POP.

I can't begrudge Snake Teela and Snake-Armor Man-at-Arms too much--those figures have negligible (if any) tooling costs and each wave needs those types of figures to balance new tooling. Later vintage MOTU and Horde all have unique tooling.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Looks like Moss Man received an updated head sculpt and additional left hand since his initial reveal last year. I love it!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

That's better! But, IMO the LOP head should be fully-flocked.

Any news on a Walmart preorder/launch date for Moss Man?

Comment

• Jase
                          • Sep 22, 2021

Really excited about the Origins releases! I recently decided to drop the Masterverse line (and GI Joe Classified too!) as I was just buying too much stuff. Looks like I made the decision at the right time…at least that’s what my wallet told me.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎