X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

McFarlane toys from The Flash film

It's a mixed bag for me. Nothing is horrible, but nothing is a homerun either, except for maybe the 7" scaled Batmobile, but they cheated a bit by raising the roof up.

Disappointed that the Kenner Dark Knight Collection figures from 30 years ago have better Keaton likenesses than these. But at this price point, I'll probably still get both Keatons.

sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I'll probably get the car for my Neca 89 Batman. Yeah, the likeness on the figures aren't great.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Count_Popula
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 28, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I'll probably get the car for my Neca 89 Batman. Yeah, the likeness on the figures aren't great.
      I was thinking along the same lines. The Batmobile looks like it would also hold Mego-scale figures, and I have the all black Batman from FTC, so.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the figures in this wave. I usually avoid most of the movies and TV figures from both DC and Marvel, but I pre-ordered all of the Batmans, one Flash, and the Batmobile. I am not sure if I will keep them all, but odds are I will.

The Batwing looks great too, but not for me, especially at that price point. I probably shouldn't buy ANY vehicles and playsets as I rarely ever display them because of space limitations.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I caved and got both Keaton Batmen. I saw another pic of the umansked version, with a much better paint job, so the sculpt is there. Looking at other shots of the Batmobile, it really is a nice replica at that scale, and many places had it for $60,as opposed to Target's $80. Ordered that one from McFarlane Toys themselves.

The standard Keaton and the Batmobile are alredy sold out in many places, at least for pre-order.
          Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Mar 16, '23, 12:05 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I received the Target Exclusive unmasked Keaton Batman yesterday, and I'm happy to report, the likeness is quite good for this price point. Much closer to the nice promo pics, than the early solicitation photos. Slap some brown paint on him, and you'd have a good 89-92 Keaton as well.

sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

i got the Batmobile the other day. You can still slide the roof forward as well as up.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

I received a bunch of the figure from Target.com this weekend. I haven't opened them yet, but from the ones I received -- both Flashes, Affleck Batman, and Supergirl (a throw in to receive $25 off $100 at Target) -- they all look pretty good.

I should have the unmasked Keaton Batman tomorrow and hopefully regular Keaton Batman and Batmobile this week.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Thank you for the pictures. It does look better in person.

Hopefully this isn't too off topic. I just got the Spinmaster 12 inch Keaton Batman. It is amazing. Spinmaster really shames other toy companies in this scale and style. It looks absolutely fantastic. Much better likeness than the 7 inch Mcfarlane figure. Proper fabric cape too. Not the usual paper like ribbon material. Lots of articulation and all still for a budget price. I'd love for Spinmaster to do 89 Batman figures of Joker and Catwoman.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^I saw pics online of that one after I ordered the McFarlane figure. I have to agree, from what I saw, they nailed the likeness. I'm definitely going to pick that one up! Thanks for letting me know it didn't disappoint.
                    sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Not to go OT either, but is this the same Batman that comes with the excellent looking Target-exclusive Batwing?

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by TRDouble
                        Not to go OT either, but is this the same Batman that comes with the excellent looking Target-exclusive Batwing?
                        Yes it is.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

I just watched Kwamevision "Toy Tuesday" video on Instagram and he opens and puts together the McFarlane Batwing. It is indeed massive! I have no idea where I would put this or how to display it. Probably on the wall.

Funniest thing about the video is watching Kwame put the Batwing together. I finally found someone worse at putting things together than me, LOL!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I got the Batwing yesterday and it is massive and impressive. Like my Millenium Falcon and my GI Joe Skystriker I just put them on the floor and stood them against the wall next to my display cases.The box it comes in isn't too big but heavy and the wings are detached to assemble when open and wasn't hard at all to do. I did see a spin master batwing with figure(unsure of scale) and looked about the same size and much more cheaper than Todd's at Target and looks nice as well. I really did like their 2020 Batmobile with lights and sounds.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

Just saw this at Target. I might go back and get it. 7 inch scale modern style Batcycle. Not that I don’t have like fifty approximate Mego scale motorcycles already.

8B2898A4-E2FF-4083-88A8-96878B1EFE61.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎