X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheXFactor
    Museum Patron
    • Oct 31, 2013

Originally posted by Duncan
    I think it depends on the act and the venue. Last year I saw Clapton and The Who for about $75 each. This year I have Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks for another $75. Festivals in the area have plenty of tix for under $100 per day. My kid is going to new acts for $30-$150, depending on seat location. She got backstage VIP tix to one group for $70. It just depends. I'm sick of the fees, though. When fees turn a $30 ticket into a $45 ticket, I'm not a fan.
    I wanted to go see The Who last year, but the nearest venue they were performing at was Madison Square Garden and the ticket prices were astronomically high. I would have had no problem paying $75 for a descent seat.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

I just tried to get tix for a show in St Louis. According to web traffic, the tour I was looking at (all dates, not just the show in StL) sold out in about 15-20 minutes. Most folks were stuck in queue and then given the message that no seats were available and to try back in a bit. The resellers sorted their tix, jacked up the prices and listed them back on the same ticket website that originally sold them within a couple of hours. I guess scalping is so commonplace, that TMaster and the like are allowing resellers to profit on their own sites as long as they get another processing fee. Crazy stuff. I am pretty sure that the 60-75ish tickets I was originally eyeing (not sure what the fees would have been, since I could not purchase them) are going for about 200-250 now. Not sure why any major touring acts are putting up with this sort of stuff since they don't see any of that extra profit, but it does seem to be what happens now.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I'll wait for the New York State Fair if I want to see anyone. Usually it's just the cost of admission to see anyone. Got Chubby Checker,George Thorogood,REO Speedwagon,and Tommy James and The Shondells as announced acts so far for each day.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎