X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

Designing a Mego style Batboat

I'm currently designing a Mego Batboat that's inspired by all the Mego Batman vehicles. It's going to have a big black fin that snaps in place,a red interior with a movable steering wheel. It's going to be based off the Batboat from the Mego Batcave playset and from the 1966 Batboat. It's going to either have some hidden wheels so you can roll it or I'm going to make it so it can float with Batman & Robin it and not worry about Batman & Robin falling out and getting wet. I still haven't figured out the stickers yet. If anybody has any suggestions for the design of the Batboat or the stickers feel free to post your suggestions. You can also post pictures of what you like it to look like.
  • thetao
    • Jan 21, 2023

Without looking it up, I can't picture a "Mego Batcave playset" with a boat, but will post my brief brainstorming. It has to be squatty, like the Mego Batcopter. I'm picturing three pieces of plastic: a light blue hull, a black top that includes the seats and snaps/screws into place, and the fin you mentioned. Did the Batmobile have a steering wheel? If so, that's fine, too. Add four stickers covering the "swish" on each side of the hull and the tail fin Bat symbol. I would love to see it float, but the compressed size likely wouldn't make it very buoyant, especially with just one doll aboard. A flat bottom and hidden, recessed, snap-on wheels (like the Batcopter, but smaller) would likely be best. Good luck!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18577323622...Bk9SR5T4lKPcYQ

the barbie baywatch boat can be used, just repaint and modify for the fin

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎