X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Imperial Toys Buck Rogers Pencil Toppers store displays (eBay Link) – As an acolyte of Rack Toys and Buck Rogers, these are….chef’s kiss. A wonderful time capsule to dime stores, I absolutely love these. I also predict this is possibly one of very few times I’ll ever see these. A complete set of Marx […]
    The post 5 Awesome Things on eBay this week appeared first on PS.

More...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I had the Spacewar "Artoo". I convinced my grandma to buy it for me. I mostly wanted it for the cool lightsaber... but I figured I could always pretend it was some random droid from the SW universe.

I don't remember what happened to the saber, but I remember that the figure itself was more like a really loose wobbly Playmobile figure than a Kenner figure... so I never really played with it. It sat in a box of old army men for years (like I was punishing it).

Very neat to see these figures again.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Marvel Superheroes figures by PPC
      I only remember them from the comic book ads but when I joined the Navy, I saw them at a comic book store. I really wanted them but had no room and to be truthful they would have been broken or sold by now. What got me was the range of figure that was available. At that time, they had more of a variety than any action figure collection.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

I wouldn't say processed plastics only made sandbox toys. They made alot of cool plastic vehicles , stage coaches, nasa rockets, muscle cars, etc
        20221229_110932.jpg
        Screenshot_20221207_211227_eBay~2.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I got the two sets of PPC Marvel "Activated Super Heroes" advertised in that Heroes World ad. They goofed and sent me two of the same set, but my Mom wrote them and they sent the missing one.

These are definitely from the molds of those figures, but the versions I had featured holes in their hands to slide down the included strings. They also had notches in their bases so you could pop them onto the scissor-like "activator" included, so you could move them.

I was disappointed these weren't fully articulated, fully-painted action figures, but having large "army men" of Marvel characters, especially fairly obscure ones like Namor was pretty flippin' cool! I've long wanted a new set of these, but they are almost impossible to find. More commone are the Tim Mee toys fantasy figures made from modified molds of these figures.
          sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

I remember those Spacewar figures well. Had the Vader knockoff.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• tay666
              Career Member
              • Dec 27, 2008

Those Marx monsters are pretty cool.
              I wouldn't mind having a set.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢