X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

Robert Blake RIP

Truly a sad day..........Robert was one of the very last "Our Gang" children left alive from the 30's and 40's. While his 40 episodes that he appeared in with Spanky, Darla, Buckwheat, Alfalfa, and Froggy were towards the end of the series, and not very good, he played the role well. Certainly, he was a VERY controversial figure in later life. However, despite what people thought of him personally, he definitely left his mark on Hollywood. Between "Our Gang" "Little Beaver" in "the "Red Ryder" movies and "Baretta," he had some memorable roles! Certainly, his tagline from "Baretta" will not be forgotten: ""Don't do the crime if you can't do the time." Despite him being an awful through-the-mail signer, I was always a BIG fan of his. He was a great actor! His Emmy Award for "Baretta" was well deserved! His portrayal as a killer in the film "In Cold Blood" was fantastic!

He was always a bitter, bitter man because of his childhood. He had many, many emotional issues. However, his autobiography was all-telling -- and NOT boring! He did not hold back on his life! Robert was 89.

**Just as a side note, he was always one of Johnny Carson's favorite guests to have on his show. He liked him a lot because he was a very entertaining guest -- which he was.
    Last edited by great_chandel; Mar 9, '23, 9:57 PM.
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

And either a murderer or a bystander in the weirdest coincidence ever.
    Your honor, I could not have killed my wife because I had to go back into the restaurant... I accidentally left my gun in there...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Still, personal issues aside...very enjoyable performer.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Can't feel sorry for the death of a murder. I was just thinking about something similar the other day if beloved ones that passed on can be guardian angels maybe people who have victimized others have (spirits, ghosts,demons) after them for their remaining life

Comment

• shaunaconda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 29, 2020

I also remember him in “The Twilight Zone”.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, this guy was guilty as sin. cost him his fortune and fame too

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Not to underplay his alleged dirty deeds, but his wife (murder victim) seemed to be a REALLY sleazy gold-digger and had many of her past men wishing she was deceased ... Not giving Blake a free Get Out Of Jail Card, but I would take her past nasty history as an example of what he was dealing with...

Seemed she REALLY was the ultimate unrelenting family-destroying GOLD-DIGGER..

IMO, Blake was guilty of being mostly STUPID and not knowing how to handle this stuff.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎