X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

GI Joe Memories from 1976 or I love Bulletman

1976 GI Joe Adventure Team Catalog PageOver the weekend, a friend asked me to help him with toy research, which meant going through my catalogue collection. That sort of activity is always welcome here as I get to thumb through some favourites from childhood. In particular, the 1976 Simpsons-Sears catalogue. In Canada, Sears partnered with […]
    The post GI Joe Memories from 1976 or I love Bulletman appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

I remember the first commercial I saw for Bulletman. Flying through walls and looking ballistic. Not sure if the entire Super Adventure Team was really needed to defeat the two Cavemen from another world.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I love these characters, too. In fact, I have the "deluxe" Palitoy versions of Bulletman, Mike Power, and boxed Intruder.

I've never been able to afford the Secret Mountain Outpost, but I have a nice treadmill at least. And I've customized a GI Joe Troubleshooter into an Atomic ATV.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
        Guild Navigator
        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        In fact, I have the "deluxe" Palitoy versions of Bulletman,
        I had the regular version as a kid, but that's the version I want now. Those boots...
        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 12, 2016

Bulletman and Atomic Man never get the appreciation they deserve, but they're an important part to complete any AT collection. Some of my stuff:

20200425_134000 by Matt Peregoy, on Flickr
          20200425_134216 by Matt Peregoy, on Flickr
          20210807_072221 by Matt Peregoy, on Flickr
          29658645524_767d51177d_k by Matt Peregoy, on Flickr
          20190407_162517 by Matt Peregoy, on Flickr
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

OMG that is beautiful.

I have a Brit-style Bullet-box, too.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by J.B.
              I had the regular version as a kid, but that's the version I want now. Those boots...
              I so love those rocket boots and atomic heart.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                OMG that is beautiful.

I have a Brit-style Bullet-box, too.
                Thanks...its a repro of course, but I preferred the box to the card he came on...

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

^ You have been killing me this last month with the pictures of your Joes, VintageJoe70! Just when I think I am ready to wrap up collecting Joes, you hit us with pics of your collection and I start feeling the itch again. You've got a lot of great stuff and I really love seeing it!

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Makernaut
                    ^ You have been killing me this last month with the pictures of your Joes, VintageJoe70! Just when I think I am ready to wrap up collecting Joes, you hit us with pics of your collection and I start feeling the itch again. You've got a lot of great stuff and I really love seeing it!
                    Thanks Makernaut...I enjoy it, but it's an expensive hobby...lol...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎