Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Mego: Mystery Mego Figures from Japan!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Mystery Mego Figures from Japan!

Vintage Mego has an episode with more questions than answers. This week we look at recent discoveries from Japan, including a Dinah-Mite wanna-be and is that GI Joe? Visit our shop at: www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop Megomuseum.com #mego #gijoe #ultraman
    The post Vintage Mego: Mystery Mego Figures from Japan! appeared first on Mego Museum.

More...
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool find! Thanks for sharing such a great find!

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Incredible discovery!

Is the head soft like a Mego or hard like a GI Joe?

Comment

• Type3Toys
        Home Of The Type3 Body
        • Jan 18, 2005

Wow is an understatement! You are the Indiana Jones of the mego world for sure!
        LOOK
        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• blastphemey
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 11, 2008

I believe Miura had some other licenses that they produced in the mego style format. I have seen one such figure I believe Miura made called "Rainbowman" which was more of a sofubi style figure with a fabric outfit and gloves, it had a similar head to the Miura ultraman head and a similar scale of course.

But if they had the resources and similar sized products being made as well, it isn't unreasonable to think they could have other heros from popular japanese programs in the 70s. Perhaps there are several more out there we don't know about.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎