Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mint Off Card: Super Joe Unlimited plus Atomic Apemen!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mint Off Card: Super Joe Unlimited plus Atomic Apemen!

Mint off Card this week looks at the latest from White Elephant Toyz in the form of Super Joe Unlimited. Super Joe has triumphantly returned based on the underrated toy line from the late 1970s. How does he stack up against vintage? The answer may surprise you. Plus, we talk about a fun bonus figure […]
    The post Mint Off Card: Super Joe Unlimited plus Atomic Apemen! appeared first on PS.

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I had no idea they have vehicles. Learned something today!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

The new figures do fit nicely with the old ones (between straws, wires, Mego hands and a little bit of hope, you can get the old guys back in some semblance of one piece). I had to get Not-Mike-Power, and I decided to put him in a vintage suit, which fits, though at the moment I can't recall if I needed to snip the toes off for the legs. Even if I did, it still looks great on the figure. I may not be getting every variation/combination, but I'm definitely getting at least one of each distinct character. And I believe I saw something about some GITD versions down the line? That's something I'd have a hard time passing on. I'm not a huge Super Joe fan (what you see below is all I have (excluding the rocket command center stored away somewhere in one of my closets), but I'm very happy to see this line get a second shot (one that shouldn't fall apart while still in the package).
      superjoedisplay.jpg

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by scott metzger
        The new figures do fit nicely with the old ones (between straws, wires, Mego hands and a little bit of hope, you can get the old guys back in some semblance of one piece). I had to get Not-Mike-Power, and I decided to put him in a vintage suit, which fits, though at the moment I can't recall if I needed to snip the toes off for the legs. Even if I did, it still looks great on the figure. I may not be getting every variation/combination, but I'm definitely getting at least one of each distinct character. And I believe I saw something about some GITD versions down the line? That's something I'd have a hard time passing on. I'm not a huge Super Joe fan (what you see below is all I have (excluding the rocket command center stored away somewhere in one of my closets), but I'm very happy to see this line get a second shot (one that shouldn't fall apart while still in the package).
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]35236[/ATTACH]
        Don't sell yourself short, that is a nice collection of Super Joe! It isn't that big of a line.

Also, the suit that you have on Atomic Mike did not have the "footie pjs"... if that is what you were wondering...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

You know, if Atomic Mike had at least a silver or clear arm or even a hand, I'd be right there with my wallet.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
            Don't sell yourself short, that is a nice collection of Super Joe! It isn't that big of a line.

Also, the suit that you have on Atomic Mike did not have the "footie pjs"... if that is what you were wondering...
            That's right! So that's why I didn't recall snipping them.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 26, 2008

I'm definitely interested in getting at least the bearded Joe in black outfit. I remember buying the Super Joe commander at Western Auto, first and only time I saw them in a store and he was already on clearance.
              Chad

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Like I said before,I don't know why Hasbro gave up on the 12" stuff. Could you imagine what it would have been like if they brought over Palitoy's Space Rangers stuff?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎