• Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Well Hawkeye was never a background kind of guy

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I’m going to be the villain here. I was never into MASH.

RUN, HECTOR…RUUUUUUUUUNNN!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Curious. If you know it could ask your friend, Rob, why hasn't After-M.A.S.H. ( and W.A.L.T.E.R. pilot)
        ever come out on DVD? It took me over ten years in the double-naughts to find a third generation copy and since then I have upgraded to a 2nd generation DVD bootleg copy.

Any news is appreciated. Thank you
        I think everyone else here hit the nail on the head. When these big corporations own IPs like this, you're much less likely to get a DVD or Blu-Ray, or even a streaming release of a short run or obscure series. If a boutique company like Shout Factory could license it, I'm sure it would make them money, but it's probably either not available, or so expensive from Disney it wouldn't be feasible for them to do so. WB eventually releases most of their DC IP, but it's usually bare-bones, half-arsed productions with no specail features, and sometimes missing content other more fan-oriented companies would definitely include. It's very frustrating.
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Jorge Galvan, I ran your question past my friend (and M*A*S*H expert) Rob Kelly. Here's his response:

"While I do not have any direct, firsthand knowledge, my educated guess would be that Fox/the producers of MASH regard the spin offs as distinct projects, not something to be lumped together with the original show. Plus, the overall critical consensus on AfterMASH and Radar remains pretty negative, so I would bet the MASH people don't want to be associated too closely with those shows. It is a crime, though, that AfterMASH in particular is so unavailable in any format."
          sigpic

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

Apes3978 and E2-Chris, thank you for replying. It's sad. I would have thought that the M.A.S.H. fanbase would be strong enough to warrant a DVD release of After & W.a.l.t.e.r. but yeah it's been since 1988 since they went off the air.

Seriously, as a pro hunting down bootlegs it was like pulling teeth looking for those shows. When I did find a dealer with that 3rd generation set. It was a godsend, but again it was a 3rd generation VHS to DVD transfer. And I lucked out years later and got a 2nd generation transfer.

We never did find out if Klinger and Soo-Lin named their baby, did we?

And I know there have been retrospective specials with the he cast & showrunners, but I would have enjoyed a present day reunion set in the 90's, or 00s and seen how they have grown and what they have been up too. Would have loved to have seen Hawkeye in CRAB APPLE COVE. Frank Burns in Indiana with his wife!!!

To this day, I still miss Henry Blake.

Damn.

Comment

• msenger76
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 3, 2009

Mash was on reruns every day as a kid. i don't remember anyone every purposely sitting down and watching them, it just must have started after cartoons.

Comment

• publiusr
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 23, 2015

Sydney came to the rescue:

Actual doctors would ask the actor for advice, so convincing was his manner.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

Had to throw this out there

8CF10F7E-232A-4020-A8EF-261CE3943374.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎