X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

40th Anniversary of M*A*S*H finale

Hard to believe it was 40 years ago when the final episode of M*A*S*H aired. I remember everyone stopping what they were doing to watch it!

My friend and podcasting partner Rob Kelly (producer and host of M*A*S*H Cast) was interviewed by CBS News New Yor about the finale, and why the show still resonates and captures new fans. Way to go Rob!!!

sigpic
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

One of the greatest TV series ever made. I still remember Hawkeye calling a South Korean Officer a Son of a b!tch. I think it was the first time I ever heard anyone curse on TV.

Respect!

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

amazing show. i don't think the event that the MASH finale was will ever be replicated

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I remember watching it the night it was on, it’s definitely one of the best all time show finale’s in tv history. Now if mego can get the rights and make these characters, I know they will sell like crazy.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by TrekStar
          I remember watching it the night it was on, it’s definitely one of the best all time show finale’s in tv history. Now if mego can get the rights and make these characters, I know they will sell like crazy.
          Didn't Mego already have at least some rights to the MASH 3-3/4 figures back in the day ?

I remember the bodies looking VERY CLOSE to many of then current Mego 3-3/4 figures ...

Very crappy design, imo

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar
            Now if mego can get the rights and make these characters, I know they will sell like crazy.
            boss recently had some truly amazing M*A*S*H heads in the Marketplace:

M*A*S*H heads

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
              Didn't Mego already have at least some rights to the MASH 3-3/4 figures back in the day ?

I remember the bodies looking VERY CLOSE to many of then current Mego 3-3/4 figures ...

Very crappy design, imo
              The 3 3/4" M*A*S*H figures/playset were made by Tristar International Ltd.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

I remember the night the finale aired, I got pi**ed at my brother, so I went to my room and didn't watch it (too ticked off to be in the same room with him). I don't remember when I actually did see it, but it was many, many years after the fact...

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Didn't see the last episode since it originally aired in '83-ish ?...

Mostly remember Alan Alda being the center of attention - as usual..

Remember something about him choking his chicken...

Made me long for the old Trapper/Henry days

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

He was in a bus where a mother strangled her crying infant so that the nearby enemy soldiers wouldn't find them. His brain misremembered that she had killed a noisy chicken and he was having some issues adjusting after the incident. PTSD, shell shock, combat fatigue, nervous breakdown.

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
                      boss recently had some truly amazing M*A*S*H heads in the Marketplace:

M*A*S*H heads
                      Still have some available.
                      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey

Mostly remember Alan Alda being the center of attention - as usual..

Remember something about him choking his chicken...
                        Oh, Gilligan!

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          Hard to believe it was 40 years ago when the final episode of M*A*S*H aired. I remember everyone stopping what they were doing to watch it!

My friend and podcasting partner Rob Kelly (producer and host of M*A*S*H Cast) was interviewed by CBS News New Yor about the finale, and why the show still resonates and captures new fans. Way to go Rob!!!

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...iHkcnf5SSq12qo

Curious. If you know it could ask your friend, Rob, why hasn't After-M.A.S.H. ( and W.A.L.T.E.R. pilot)
                          ever come out on DVD? It took me over ten years in the double-naughts to find a third generation copy and since then I have upgraded to a 2nd generation DVD bootleg copy.

Any news is appreciated. Thank you

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                            why hasn't After-M.A.S.H. ( and W.A.L.T.E.R. pilot) ever come out on DVD?
                            My guess is they probably think the market isn't there for them, that and the show wasn't as well received as the M*A*S*H series was so they maybe didn't think it was as viable.

They could have (and should have) combined the two seasons into a 'complete series' set with W*A*L*T*E*R as a bonus. The time to have done that was when the final season of M*A*S*H was released on DVD so as to keep up with any momentum they would have had from sales of the regular series. As I said, they may not have thought there was a market for it, but I am guessing that anyone who was buying the regular series releases as they came out would have bought AfterM*A*S*H for completeness sake if nothing else.

Now that 'The Mouse' owns 20th Century Fox and all it's intellectual properties, the chance we'll ever see AfterM*A*S*H on DVD or Blu-Ray is almost nil, since they stopped releasing DVDs of their prime time shows. I'm still peeved that they stopped releasing 'Family Guy' on DVD, so if they're not releasing a show that's still doing well in the ratings and which sold well when released on home vdeo, it's very unlikely a show not seen in basically 40 years will ever see the light of day.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                              He was in a bus where a mother strangled her crying infant so that the nearby enemy soldiers wouldn't find them. His brain misremembered that she had killed a noisy chicken and he was having some issues adjusting after the incident. PTSD, shell shock, combat fatigue, nervous breakdown.
                              You know, being the center of attention!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎