X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

Captain America figure questions

I recently bought a Vintage Mego Captain America figure and the outfit needs a little TLC.First,it needs a good washing,what type of soap should I use? I plan on washing it by hand.Second,one of the snaps are missing,what size snaps do I need to get? Lastly,the blue belt needs to be replaced,what type of material is it? It looks like plastic or vinyl. Thanks for anybody who can let me know.
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

To wash Mego outfits, I usually just use dish soap (Palmolive, Dawn, etc.). I've heard people mention Oxi-Clean as well, so that may be another option for you.

As far as the snap goes, if you have any junk/beater outfits from an old Mego, I'd just replace it with one of them. I've never looked at Walmart or any of the hobby store or craft stores, so I cannot tell you which one to specifically ask for. If you bring the outfit with you, if a store carries anything like the old style Mego snaps, they should be able to help you locate them.

As far as the belt, unless you're dead set on having an original, maybe try Doc Mego or Figures Toy Inc./CTVT: They both sell a variety of belts.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

The belt is vinyl and just like the Superman and Aquaman belt.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎