Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Color Was The Trimline Phone In Your Kitchen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
    This makes think about people taking the phone in another room and shutting the door on the cord.
    We did that frequently! I grew up in an 1883 Italianate house (the floor plan is astonishingly like the set of the Bates house in Psycho) and the phone could reach from the back porch, down the central hall to every room adjacent and almost the front door. We had other, old Bakelite and Trimline phones in the family room and my parent's room.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KnightDetective
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 31, 2012

Boring beige. Would still be there if a hurricane hadn't placed a "to go" order for the family kitchen a few years back. The replacement looks like a bionic candy bar!

Now I'm hunting a working candlestick phone. Gotta draw the line somewhere! Did the Battlestar Galactica remake teach these kids nothing?

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Ours was yellow. Still have a landline. It was something my mother wanted. Even though she's gone,I can't bring myself to getting rid of it.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          Ours was yellow. Still have a landline. It was something my mother wanted. Even though she's gone,I can't bring myself to getting rid of it.
          I think you should keep it because MOMS RULE!!

Also, do you ever get non-telemarketer calls on it?
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 26, 2008

We had the avocado green till 81 and the new house then it was yellow for a bit till the cordless phones popped up every where
            Chad

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎