X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Knocking Off the Knock Offs

What about Mego knocking off the companies that knocked off Mego in the 70s?

Does anyone even own the licenses for Tomland figures or AHI's Action Apes? Or, dare I even wish it, Mr. Rock?!? I'd love to buy some Star Raiders without dishing out hundreds. Did I ask about this before?

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Stop...my wallet can only GET so empty..LOL
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

That would be great! Maybe White Elephant Toyz could do it!
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by pmwasson
        That would be great! Maybe White Elephant Toyz could do it!
        Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

• ToyBob
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
          Stop...my wallet can only GET so empty..LOL
          I feel you on that one, half way through the month and already spent my mad money on action figures. Maybe, would love if WET did a line of aliens in that style once they finish their own plans first though.
          I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Wee67
            What about Mego knocking off the companies that knocked off Mego in the 70s?

Does anyone even own the licenses for Tomland figures or AHI's Action Apes?
            I don't know if White Elephant Toys is going to do any sort of take/knock-off of AHI's 'Orangutan' Action Apeman, but they are indeed doing something with the 'Chimp' Action Apeman head: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Atomic-Apeman

Since WET is using one of the AHI heads, I am presuming somewhere along the line they may have received permission? Unless they just went full on bootleg/knock-off? Regardless, since they are making a knock-off of a knock-off, I don't think Mego would pursue doing their own take, at least not as far as AHI's 'Action Apeman' goes. I wouldn't mind seeing them take on the other notable APES knock-offs, the Astro-Apes.

Comment

• ToyBob
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by apes3978
              I don't know if White Elephant Toys is going to do any sort of take/knock-off of AHI's 'Orangutan' Action Apeman, but they are indeed doing something with the 'Chimp' Action Apeman head: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-Atomic-Apeman

Since WET is using one of the AHI heads, I am presuming somewhere along the line they may have received permission? Unless they just went full on bootleg/knock-off? Regardless, since they are making a knock-off of a knock-off, I don't think Mego would pursue doing their own take, at least not as far as AHI's 'Action Apeman' goes. I wouldn't mind seeing them take on the other notable APES knock-offs, the Astro-Apes.
              Wow that was fast, so much product up there now. Well fingers crossed that WET can use more AHI/etc. heads because the vintage ones are very pricey and due for a reissue like many other lines have done.
              I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

There's also a WET ToyLanta exclusive two pack based on the AHI Action Apeman.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎