Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I only saw wave 1 and 7 on the pegs. I've gotten everything online.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

The stores in my area are lousy with Jitsu, Fisto and surprisingly Sorceress figures. I haven't really seen much new since this wave. I don't know why they don't clearance this wave out and put new product in the tagged places.
      sigpic

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        The stores in my area are lousy with Jitsu, Fisto and surprisingly Sorceress figures. I haven't really seen much new since this wave. I don't know why they don't clearance this wave out and put new product in the tagged places.
        Same here. Jitsu, Sorceress, the fleshy version of Stratos, and Buzzoff. Occasionally I'll see an exclusive at Target. For the most part, i've found the Masterverse line a lot easier to come across.
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Jase
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 22, 2021

It wound be a shame to not complete the line with all of the vintage releases. They aren’t far off. Even though I like the ROTS figures (and I purchase them), I believe that those have contributed to the slow down. With that said, the Jitsu wave being produced in ridiculously high numbers is the main culprit IMO.

Every Target and Walmart that I go to has peg after peg of these. Just when they seem to sell down a bit, another case (or two!) show up and reload the pegs. Mattel should’ve worked with stores to create a new SKU for the figures and cleared out the old stock. Since late 2021 when Wave 7 (Jitsu) started showing up, I’ve only seen one case of Wave 9 (Mantenna) stocked. It sold out immediately. Other than that it’s been nothing but Wave 7 being restocked. Most regular MOTU Origins buyers that wanted Wave 7 have already bought it over a year ago.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, wave 7 has become nauseating. And IMO Mattel really dropped the ball with tan Statos' accessory colors. Target had a separate hanging display of 40th re-releases, and those sold almost immediately.

And I agree, I love ROTS but I want vintage, too. Considering later releases, the Target ROTS set with Space Sumo was a waste.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 26, '23, 11:02 AM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jase
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 22, 2021

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Yes, wave 7 has become nauseating. And IMO Mattel really dropped the ball with tan Statos' accessory colors. Target had a separate hanging display of 40th re-releases, and those sold almost immediately.

And I agree, I love ROTS but I want vintage, too. Considering later releases, the Target ROTS set with Space Sumo was a waste.
              Interesting thing about that 40th Anniversary display at the Target here…I was in Target one day and they didn’t have the display. I was back in the next day and they had the display, except it was filled completely with more Wave 7. Others have reported the same experience. Did they actually ship some out like that? Ugh.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Distribution has been really frustrating these last several years. Mix that in with stores wanting razor thin inventories so popular figure are blink and you miss them. GI JOE Classified has also been very hard to find in stores. Only figures I've seen in stores the last several months are the Snake Eyes movie figures.

Wave 7 was definitely hurt by mini comics Stratos and I agree not giving him the reversed wing/backpack colors that everyone wanted was huge mistake. I also think ROTS figures should have been spaced a little further apart in waves. As much as I like the addition of the ROTS figures, we should not have gotten nearly every figure, including unmade prototypes, from a different property while only getting ONE Princess of Power figure. I'm also not crazy about concept sketch figures getting made but not POP. So, the thinking is obscure concept figures like Lord Gr'Asp, Terroar and Snake Troopers will sell better than Catra or Frosta? Really Origins team?

My frustrations aside, it does sound like Origins is doing really well and there is a lot of great stuff to look forward to like Snake Mountain and Point Dread. Origins isn't going anywhere no matter what some clickbait youtubers say. Origins could end tomorrow or ten years from now. They have no idea and no inside information. Just an axe to grind.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 26, '23, 2:26 PM.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by PNGwynne

I bought the 3 pack of ROTS just for Space Sumo.

My area still has unsold wave 7. They are neat figures..but damn, we can't seem to get rid of them...
                  Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Jase
                    Museum Patron
                    • Sep 22, 2021

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                    I bought the 3 pack of ROTS just for Space Sumo.

My area still has unsold wave 7. They are neat figures..but damn, we can't seem to get rid of them...
                    Wave 7 was a great assortment of figures, they just made too damn many of them!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎