• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

What's an Eternian Guard Infiltrator?
    I think it's a snake man in disguise as an Eternian guard.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

That would make sense, that was a Classics variant. Yawn.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

That would make sense, that was a Classics variant. Yawn.
        Yeah, it's snake man over kill. We are getting the Snake Man Guard from MOTUC but not Catra or Swift Wind. Good grief. Just give me the Snake Men from the vintage line. I don't need MOTUC redos or concept sketches.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

unproduced snake men.jpg

Found this the other day looking for MOTU Snake Man and there are some items I do not remember seeing...
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]35148[/ATTACH]

Found this the other day looking for MOTU Snake Man and there are some items I do not remember seeing...
            OK...if they give us the chick... that's a definite buy for me..
            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I do not want Lady Slither or any of the other characters created for MOTUC. I absolutely dread them making a Mighty Spector for Origins.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^If they made that...it would be interesting to see if a certain YouTuber would suddenly change his tune.
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  ^If they made that...it would be interesting to see if a certain YouTuber would suddenly change his tune.
                  Ugh, probably would say it was an attempt by Mattel to save MOTU by including it.

That cringy-ness aside, I'm not a huge fan of concept art sketch figures in MOTU.

Especially when there are so many original figures still left to be made and not every sketch in the vault is worth a figure. Some of those designs got refined and made into figures that were already released and some are just better left on the drawing board. Now, I am all for unreleased figures that nearly got made like He-Ro, Eldor and the Star Sisters. They had fully sculpted and painted near production ready prototypes photographed in catalogues. I'd love to see those.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

TBH, I don't begrudge Serpent-claw Man-at-Arms--because Duncan has so few versions and frankly I think they should also re-release LOP Man-at-Arms. Judicious 200X releases are fine. Origins needs heroes and female characters to balance the waves.

But I like the early-vintage vibe best, techno-barbaric.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 17, '23, 7:53 PM.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Judicious 200X releases are fine. Origins needs heroes and female characters to balance the waves.
                      Sadly, I think at this point we have a better chance at getting the 2002 disco Skeletor than any more She-Ra figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Perhaps, but I think we have a better chance of getting another She-Ra than any other POP. There's support for Origins POP on the Mattel Creations MOTU forum, so perhaps there will at least be some exclusives.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2019

TBH, I don't begrudge Serpent-claw Man-at-Arms--because Duncan has so few versions and frankly I think they should also re-release LOP Man-at-Arms. Judicious 200X releases are fine. Origins needs heroes and female characters to balance the waves.

But I like the early-vintage vibe best, techno-barbaric.
                          I'd love to get a chance at LoP Man at Arm's armor. Never understood using newly sculpted items on exclusives...same goes for He-Man's boot knife.
                          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Agreed, I like LOP Skeletor's greaves, too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

I'd like to see a case refresh with a standard, original style He-Man with one of the more classic looking heads, and a Skeletor with an Alfredo Alcala head. I missed out on those, and it would be a nice way to get the two main characters back into a regular assortment. And kids and casual fans wouldn't know the difference, and accept them as just "classic" versions anyway.
                              sigpic

Comment

• VINTAGEtoyHUNTER
                                • Nov 19, 2022

Many of you in the USA are lucky compared to the lousy lack of MOTU OROGINS here in CANADA . sadly the line here is getting to be non-existent .

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎